Wexford v Galway July 2nd

Are you planning to attend or not attend to cause this change?

Iā€™ll be virtually attending. Itā€™s the hype mate, Davy, Wexford and Galway are box office. The Limerick / Kilkenny thread is funny in comparison.

Will you be making the trip home for September

I fucking hope so. Though I have this sneaking feeling this is all some sort of joke being played on all of us and the world will topple back to itā€™s original aspect and weā€™ll see a KK / Tipp final.

1 Like

Only kidding, thereā€™s absolutely no fucking hope of that.

1 Like

2 Likes

A prize to whoever can collect the most variations on this theme over the next few days. Bookface will be crawling with this now.

I robbed it off the Wexford Corporation facebook page :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wexford appears to be gone absolutely bananas which is to be welcomed.

No media bans either despite the national media hunting Davy into an 8 week ban for nothing.

Andā€¦I see an auld wan proclaiming that she hasnā€™t been to a match since the '96 All Ireland but sheā€™s going on Sunday. Hon Wexford.

Enjoy this and win

Davy interviewed this morning on Radio 1 . He doesnā€™t give a fuck if they win , lose or draw .

Neither do most of us Wexford folk either. We just want to see the chaps consistently hurl with a frenzy, pride and passion. Sure you know yourself - the result will be what the result will be after that.

1 Like

I have a giddiness stirring within me that I havenā€™t experienced in a long time.

3 Likes

This will be the highest attended sporting event in the country so far this year. Apparently leinster council expecting 60,000.

Iā€™d love to see it. Couldnā€™t give a flying fuck about the result but it would be nice to see a big crowd there and a bit of atmosphere.

1 Like

http://www.the42.ie/jack-oconnor-wexford-3466581-Jun2017/?utm_source=twitter_self

6 O Connors on the St Martins team. :fearful:

Apparently Rory being the pick of them.

Have you not enough daughters to be going on with?

Now Roryā€™s finished his Leaving Cert heā€™ll be expected to play more of a part. He was in the 26 against Kilkenny when Andrew Shore cried off with a new injury. I donā€™t like placing too many expectations on young players but heā€™s going to be our best forward since Rackard.

4 Likes

Yeah Rory is an exceptional player. They are all good footballers too. Iā€™d actually expect Barry to make it at county level in the football rather than the hurling. Rory and Joe would make it at county football level too if they really wanted. The Martins will start to, or at least should, dominate senior hurling for the next few years. They have had an exceptional bunch of minors come through over the past 3 years to go with an already good team. They could do it at football too if they really wanted, but hurling always seems to be priority there.

1 Like

I read somewhere that players from 14 different clubs featured on the starting 15 against Kilkenny. How many senior clubs are there in Wexford? Are there many on the panel from Junior or intermediate clubs?