Wexford v Galway Leinster Hurling Chship 2010

Two great champions going head to head in only a months time. They will be writing ballads and poetry and shit about this one for eons after.
BRING IT!!

A non-event. Galway to shite themselves as usual and then we will have El Clasico Leinster Final once more.

Nice to see Wexford back in the top division but I’m afraid the only danger to Galway in this game is complacency.
If they don’t win by at least 8 points I’ll be surprised.

I see the mind games have started already

Galway training cancelled due to injuries
19 May 2010

Galway hurling manager John McIntyre was forced to cancel a training session last night because he had just 12 fit players.

McIntyre revealed that no fewer than 21 of his panel are nursing injuries ahead of Sunday week’s Leinster SHC opener against Wexford at Nowlan Park. His biggest concern is All-Star corner back Ollie Canning, who was unable to play for Portumna at the weekend after suffering an ankle injury in training. And with Turloughmore’s Fergal Moore already ruled out for the season, he can’t afford to lose another experienced defender.

Instead of training at Pearse Stadium last night, the squad went for a session in a swimming pool and then video analysis.

“In all my years involved in team management, I have never seen anything like this,” McIntyre told the Irish Examiner.

Among the walking wounded at the moment are Conor Devran, Damien Hayes, Ger Farragher, Niall Healy, Donal Barry and Eanna Ryan.

“Players are dropping like flies as the club action and hard ground takes its toll. The situation is a big worry with the Wexford game so close,” he added.

Excuses, excuses :rolleyes:

They’re running scared from the reigning champions*.

*Reigning Div 2 champions that is.

Some amount of talk about Galway’s ‘injury crisis’. Bullshit I reckon.

Will Wexford come within ten points of them?

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 393613”]
Some amount of talk about Galway’s ‘injury crisis’. Bullshit I reckon.

Will Wexford come within ten points of them?
[/quote]Galway 2-17 Wexford 15pts.

Would love for Wexford to beat them but I can’t see how they would. Galway could actually be a force this year.

Was chatting to a fella close to the Galway scene over the weekend and he said the injuries thing is a major smokescreen. He said he’s never seen them training harder and that some of the senior members of the panel are coming off the pitch at the end of training and nearly getting sick! (In a positive way). His only worry is that they’re being overtrained too close to a match.

Farragher and Barry both have dead legs so did miss out on training a bit last week as did Ollie. Im told all will be grand for Saturday but there is some talk of resting some of the marquee names for the Wexford game

Keep forgetting we’re playing Galway. Looking forward to us playing the cats in the Leinster final again-but suppose we’ll have to get the challenge games v Galway and Offaly or Antrim outta the way.

Still in recovery mode from the Div 2 celebrations I see.

We’ll need to guard against complacency when taking on these Galways minnows.

Leinster Senior Hurling Titles: Wexford 20, Galway 0.

Up the yellow bellie I hope ye sow it into them Maroon cunts, The Galway crowd are half nervous having been let down a few times

With the serious threat of a re-juvinated Offaly side to come in the Semi Final it is expected that Galway will have this game well and truly sown up by the half time whistle. It should be a decent opportunity to give a few of the younger lads their first run at championship hurling, albeit against Wexford.

Stop in The Spots for one on the way home,its the place to be.

I’ll be travelling from Dublin, link - we’re staying in Kilkenny on Saturday night before returning to the capital. Any brothels or strip clubs to recommend?

Galway are like England approaching the world cup. Forever blowing shite about how good they are but at the back of their minds fully aware they’ll make a balls of it.

Wexford have the real pedigree here.

[quote=“Lazarus, post: 393622”]
With the serious threat of a re-juvinated Offaly side to come in the Semi Final [/quote]
What’s the story with this phrase? If a team can be “rejuvenated”, can they be dejuvenated? Unjuveated? Or just juvenated? Is there a corresponding verb “juvenation”? Can somebody of a more verbose mind please explain this one please?

Hah, that post reminded me of being back on AFR :stuck_out_tongue: . Fair play Sidney