Wexford v Galway Leinster Hurling Chship 2010

Due to a drunken/hungover state my attendance in kilkenny is unlikely at this stage as i finish my exams on Friday. However, i will join the victory party in the capital that night i presuem CFJ is the locationā€¦

Clare are like Ireland approaching the World Cup.

Ireland have never won the world cup

Clare are more like France.

Best of luck with them CLG!

Have the teams been named yet?

Weā€™re naming our team tomorrow night after training. Iā€™m not sure about them.

How do you reckon theyā€™ll line out Bandage?

It depends a bit on the injury situation, Fitzy. We need Paul Roche to be fit as we canā€™t do without both him and Richie Kehoe. Thereā€™s definitely one spot in the backs up for grabs and thatā€™s probably between Lar Pender, Eoin Doyle and Mick Jacob. Iā€™d expect us to be the same as the league final from 8-15 other than someone maybe coming in for Andrew Shore - possibly PJ Nolan if heā€™s fit.

Cheers - Banvilleā€™s OK isnā€™t he?

Yer gauranteed a good night in Kilkenny Bando whatever the result,Billy Byrnes is a good GAA pub to go to straight after the game for one or two,theres always a scattering of learned hurling men in there to enlighten you on all matters of the caman,The Left Bank is all the rage these days,stay out of Lanigans in Rose Inn Street if you want to avoid agro.No problem if its illicit sex yer looking for,just give the first Romanian flower seller you see the nod and sheā€™ll on you in seconds if previous reports on this site are anything to go by.

Iā€™ve been informed that M Jacob will be starting. Not sure if thatā€™s a straight swap for R Kehoe or if heā€™ll be in the forwards. Thanks for the information, Link. I was in The Left Bank 3 weeks ago when down in KK on midweek business - it was quiet that night but I was advised that itā€™s teeming with gee on weekends all right.

I expect to be there myself on Saturday.
By that I mean at the match and in the Left Bank at some stage.
Good spot.

Is The Left Bank as late a venue as Langtonā€™s, CLD? Do people still go to Langtonā€™s? What are the other late options? Is ā€˜lateā€™ in Kilkenny the same as Dublin (3.30am last orders) or the same as Wexford (2am last orders)? Confirmation on the last point is crucial for tactical reasons.

We have absolutely no chance on Saturday if thereā€™s no Faythe Harriers presence in the starting fifteen. But I believe there might well be a representative from Wexfordā€™s premier club playing so all is not lost.

I think Kilkenny is closer to Wexford.

Left Bank is a late bar.
Kilkenny folk donā€™t really go to Langtons that much any more.
They stick to Left Bank, Kytlers and a few other spots.
Langtons is left to stags and hens and the like.

Iā€™ll be the one with the handlebar moustache randomly handing out mixtapes.

Wexico abĆŗ!

Iā€™ve copied these posts from Hogan Stand so they come with a severe health warning

hurlers had a pretty competitive training match tonight.richie hehoe was playin tooā€¦the subs really gave it to the probable starting 15.mmossy waters was brilliant.farrell and h kehoe were good too.very interesting i must say.talkin to a handfull of players too and they are very up for it

possibly
1.Carton
2.pender
3.rossi
4.kenny(gave an exhibition last night)
5.richie(maybeā€¦he had a knee bandage and all on but he seemed ok)
6.stamp
7.travers
8.farrell
9.kehoe
10.quigley
11.waters
12.gizzy
13.r jacob
14.pj nolan
15.atkinson

although jim berry was good aswell.i think the possible 15 only beat the subs by 3 or 4 points and they only pulled away in the last 5 mins when all the bite went out of it

i didnā€™t forget banville.he hasnā€™t really hurled well all year and he didnā€™t hurl last night either really.rossi didnā€™t do the full session but i think heā€™ll be ok.
as i said already mossy waters was excellent.still a good few options there tohugh.and like iā€™d hoped david redmond is in the panal

My post after lunch alluded to the fact that Richie Kehoeā€™s all set to play now and your post pretty much confirms it, Mac. Iā€™m not sure where the managers are going with these so called ā€˜mind gamesā€™. Galway and their 21 players injured shite talk last week and now we have Richie and Mossy Waters fit when each were publicly ruled out by Bonnar in the national media last week. Conversely, he gave Paul Roche a chance of playing and heā€™s apparently not close to making it at all. Do Galway really care that Richieā€™s back in and Roche is out as opposed to the other way around? I doubt it. Either way, letā€™s sew it into them. Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn Paddy Colfer ā€“ sew it into him. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn.

This bears all the hall marks of a potential ā€˜banana skinā€™ fixture for Galway so everyone will be happy to hear that all our injuries have miraculously cleared up all of a sudden, all bar Hynes and Moore but we knew they were out anyway. Ger Mahon has been recalled to the squad with Finian Coone let go but one feels Finianā€™s time will come yet. Team to be announced after training tonight.
Wexford lads Im staying in Blackwater the weekend,so a few quick Qs, Is their anything to do in Blackwater? Would it be better to go out in Enniscorthy? How feasible is a taxi from Enniscorthy to Blackwater at 3 or 4 in the morning? How long of a drive is it from Blackwater to Leopordstown roughly? Many Thanks.

I can see nothing else but a 3-6 point win for Wexford to be honest.

Answers to your questions Lazarus:

1. No.
  2. No.
  3. Not very.
  4. 1 hour 50 minutes in a standard, modern automobile.