Wexford

‘If they commit a crime…there is no law against them…’ hmmmmm

3 Likes

They are illegal so the legal part doesn’t apply. It’s just science

1 Like

a grand accent girl…

as oppose to ppl in Wexford town who sound like everyone Saaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhn

It’s quaren bad

Was that Wexford Town on RTE News the other day with the train rolling along the side of the road through the town? Looks like a health & safety nightmare.

Sticking up for the New Ross town accent

the-simpsons-pathetic

The only unmanned level crossing in the country also. 0 train related deaths to my knowledge.

nah i wasn’t defending it, it’s brutal girl…

Thankfully being from a hamlet rather than a town I am not afflicted with either but rather a nice brogue.

1 Like

Sure there’s only a handful of trains going through it every day and they travel about 5 miles an hour up the Quays. It’s a lovely sight to be fair.

It looked nice alright, I guess it just seems hard to manage and would be odd out walking the dog and a train goes right past you like that.

It only crosses a traffic junction once at the bridge and then again at a car park entrance further down. And the track itself is separated from the path and much lower than ground level on the walking side. It looks risky as hell when you see the train going through but it’s so obvious and loud that no-one can really miss it.

And I’d say there’s 3-4 trains max during times when there’s any kind of proper traffic or busy times due the neglect of the Rosslare line by multiple governments

1 Like

Wait til you see the light rail system in Dublin.

4 Likes

The Luas carriages have a different design in fairness with most of the wheels and other moving parts covered at the sides.

Train goes through Wexford town at about 5kmph, they blow the air horn repeatedly.

It’s not the health and safety issue you think it is

The 15 casualties a year are a nessecary evil

The wagon wheels are circling

1996’s 15 casualties of the Wexford train.

We remember them.

5 Likes

Thanks, I think you’ve made your point and can untwist your knickers now.

1 Like

Ooo matron.

1 Like