What am I doing to stop Climate change

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

What about using something like Ecover products?

Baking soda with vinegar and lemon is also quite useful but youā€™ve dismissed vinegar already

Used em before for washing up and as a surface cleaner. Itā€™s not got the ā€˜sting-your-eyeballs-now-itā€™s-cleanā€™ quality of bleach.

Yeah but no animals got hurt in the process of making it pal.

Would the bathroom not smell like Donkey Fords?

No.

I dismissed it when suggested by @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy. Iā€™m willing to re-consider when suggested by a different poster. The addition of lemon and baking soda may get us over the line. What about the jacks? Throwing the recipe for pancakes down there wonā€™t impress her.

Iā€™ll ask the Mrs what concoction she got together.

Ecover have a toilet cleaner that should be more than adequate for your jacks.

1 Like

And @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy tried to keep this info from me. Fuckā€™s sake. Thanks @caulifloweredneanderthal

Available in most supermarkets

2 Likes

Does anyone have smart heating controls in their house? All the information on SEAI leans towards gas boiler use, can these be installed for other fuels? My mother has a wood chip boiler, only 2/3 years old since we replaced coal. I want to know if it is possible to use the smart temperature controls with this. The boiler heats the water cylinder that supplyā€™s both taps and rads. The boiler has multiple settings etc. O reckon she is eligible for the free assessment and possibly attic insulation upgrade, smart heating controls is included. There is also a ā‚¬700 grant available to install these with an estimated cost of ā‚¬800-ā‚¬1000 to do all radiators (some retrofitting needed to suit valves)

1 Like

Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy another step away from fossil fuels

https://twitter.com/Limerick_Leader/status/1364863727359512578?s=19

1 Like

They were looking at doing one in ballymorris in Cratloe too. Thereā€™s a substation there it can plug into and a field lost by a local family during the recession was taken on by some private energy group with an application to convert to field of panels.

Not heard about it in a while, be interesting to see if still going ahead.

Great news guys

i see the Greens are up 2% in the polls, hopefully as initiatives such as this kick in that trend will continue

Iā€™m on the Pippa Hackett bandwagon mate.

1 Like

Is there anything ye could do about all the rain.? The solar panels would work better then.

Its a small step in getting a mix of energy sources. Certainly better than being downwind of moneypoint

Iā€™ve started actually throwing recyclables into the recycling bin and have stopped using it as an overflow bin

In an exclusive sneak peak @Heyyoubehindthebushes special report, being somewhere forgien outside of Ireland, Spain thinks paper straws are a cod. Plastic straws for cocktails. Hon the lads

1 Like

no need for that at all as the bin collectors never check the blue bin, fill it up to fuck