What has gone wrong with Italian club football?

I read this week that there was less than 20k at the Juve v Milan game. What has gone wrong?

Also, fans starting fires inside the stadium - eh, security?

Pitches are bogs, stadiums are shitholes, supporters uninterested, general standard is low (e.g. Milan getting an over the hill MLS player on loan).

I dream of Savevivic, Boban, Nedved and Maldini - where did it all go wrong?

[quote=“KIB man”]I read this week that there was less than 20k at the Juve v Milan game. What has gone wrong?

Pitches are bogs, stadiums are shitholes, supporters uninterested, general standard is low (e.g. Milan getting an over the hill MLS player on loan).

I dream of Savevivic, Boban, Nedved and Maldini - where did it all go wrong?[/QUOTE]

pillowmuncher

[quote=“KIB man”]I read this week that there was less than 20k at the Juve v Milan game. What has gone wrong?

I dream of Savevivic, Boban, Nedved and Maldini - where did it all go wrong?[/QUOTE]

Juve have gone to shit the this season. and as you only read the game and didnt see it, the city was covered in fog and was frozen over. not an excuse for the bianconeri not to turn up, but in the way the club have fared, its to be expected. I dont see how the pitches, stadiums, uninterested supporters etc are any different to the holy grail of the EPL, where the pitches are a bog, stadiums other than teams invovling the top are half full, and I dont know how someone sitting on his hole can tell that stadiums are shit holes. sure the fans needed something to keep them warm so they lit fires. also its strange how it could be likely that an over the hill MLS player could be playing in the world cup ahead of the great Ashley Young.

in summary, KIB man talking shite and probably trying to rise Bando or NCC about Roma.

at this exact point in time Italian club football is rated the 2nd best in Europe ,a poor fiorentina side knocked liverpool out ffs

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/ccoef2010.html

KIB Man talking shite???
Never!

[quote=“north county corncrake”]at this exact point in time Italian club football is rated the 2nd best in Europe ,a poor fiorentina side knocked liverpool out ffs

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/ccoef2010.html[/QUOTE]

Scottish Teams doing well in those rankings… :smiley:

[quote=“Gman”]Juve have gone to shit the this season. and as you only read the game and didnt see it, the city was covered in fog and was frozen over. not an excuse for the bianconeri not to turn up, but in the way the club have fared, its to be expected. I dont see how the pitches, stadiums, uninterested supporters etc are any different to the holy grail of the EPL, where the pitches are a bog, stadiums other than teams invovling the top are half full, and I dont know how someone sitting on his hole can tell that stadiums are shit holes. sure the fans needed something to keep them warm so they lit fires. also its strange how it could be likely that an over the hill MLS player could be playing in the world cup ahead of the great Ashley Young.

in summary, KIB man talking shite and probably trying to rise Bando or NCC about Roma.[/QUOTE]

The average attendance at EPL games is way above the average attendance at Serie A games.

The fall of Italian Club Football is a direct consequence of all the cheating and match fixing they went on with over the years.

Karma.

[quote=“Gman”]Juve have gone to shit the this season. and as you only read the game and didnt see it, the city was covered in fog and was frozen over. not an excuse for the bianconeri not to turn up, but in the way the club have fared, its to be expected. I dont see how the pitches, stadiums, uninterested supporters etc are any different to the holy grail of the EPL, where the pitches are a bog, stadiums other than teams invovling the top are half full, and I dont know how someone sitting on his hole can tell that stadiums are shit holes. sure the fans needed something to keep them warm so they lit fires. also its strange how it could be likely that an over the hill MLS player could be playing in the world cup ahead of the great Ashley Young.

in summary, KIB man talking shite and probably trying to rise Bando or NCC about Roma.[/QUOTE]

So basically you are saying that because it was cold and the way the Juve team are playing that its to be expected that less than 20k would show up in a game between two clubs that have won 9 European Cups between them?

Your such an Anglophile. Why not concentrate on the merits or lack of in Italian football without the need to constantly compare to our neighbours across the Irish Sea. One example I will pick out for you - 28,000 watched Derby lose at home to Scunthorpe 4-1.

What pitches in the EPL are poor? Wigan’s used to be. Birmingham’s wasnt too great at the weekend but in general the pitches are top notch. Some of the Italian pitches look like cabbage patches.

Liam Miller was in the ireland squad ahead of Andy Reid, Mick McCarthy played ahead of David O’Leary. Lesson - sometimes managers dont follow logic for whatever reason although in the case of Beckham - . Ashley Young is more comfortable on the left where Steven Gerrard is in prime position too.

Anyone anything constructive to add here. NCC - anything on wikipedia?

[quote=“KIB man”]So basically you are saying that because it was cold and the way the Juve team are playing that its to be expected that less than 20k would show up in a game between two clubs that have won 9 European Cups between them?

Your such an Anglophile. Why not concentrate on the merits or lack of in Italian football without the need to constantly compare to our neighbours across the Irish Sea. One example I will pick out for you - 28,000 watched Derby lose at home to Scunthorpe 4-1.

What pitches in the EPL are poor? Wigan’s used to be. Birmingham’s wasnt too great at the weekend but in general the pitches are top notch. Some of the Italian pitches look like cabbage patches.

Liam Miller was in the ireland squad ahead of Andy Reid, Mick McCarthy played ahead of David O’Leary. Lesson - sometimes managers dont follow logic for whatever reason although in the case of Beckham - . Ashley Young is more comfortable on the left where Steven Gerrard is in prime position too.

Anyone anything constructive to add here. NCC - anything on wikipedia?[/QUOTE]

I laughed at that. didnt bother reading the rest of it! :slight_smile:

Should he not have said Anglophobe?

Historically haven’t Juventus had pretty poor home attendances, Torino are the real club of Turin while Juventus pull their support from all around the country…

[quote=“KIB man”]So basically you are saying that because it was cold and the way the Juve team are playing that its to be expected that less than 20k would show up in a game between two clubs that have won 9 European Cups between them?

Anyone anything constructive to add here. NCC - anything on wikipedia?[/QUOTE]

thats mildly amusing - stopped reading after it though

Apology accepted Pike :thumbsup:

Wonder how AC Milan will get on against Man Utd in the Champions League. United vunerable at the moment but the lack of impact of the Italian sides in Europe has been telling in recent years.

[quote=“tipptops*”]The fall of Italian Club Football is a direct consequence of all the cheating and match fixing they went on with over the years.

Karma.[/QUOTE]

Apparently some of the arsonists following Juve sang songs in support of Moggi at the weekend. It seems Italian football is similar to Fianna Fail.

aye, and historically Serie A hasnt had great attendances. Ticket prices are ridiculously low to entice people to games. I watched a champions league game at the san siro for €7.50 a few years back. granted it was third tier ticket and they were playing Besiktas, but still, ticket prices were and still are generally low for Serie A teams. but sure never mind that.

Gman, what’s your take on Milan at this stage? Leonardo really has them playing some great stuff now after a shaky start and that was a superb result at Juve. He seems to be getting the best out of Ronaldinho lately too and I believe the derby’s coming up soon. Win that and the game in hand and it’s really game on. Still though, themselves and Inter lack the overall class of Il Lupi.

I didn’t apologise for anything!!!

Just nod and back away.

Slowly.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Just nod and back away.

Slowly.[/QUOTE]

Nod at a computer screen and back away slowly… Maybe you should get out a bit more? :popcorn: