What has gone wrong with Italian club football?

This coming from the fella who’s seeing things?

Yeah, good one.

Seeing things? Care to flesh that out a bit…

Jog on lepjack.

:popcorn:

What am I supposed to be seeing?

What am I supposed to be seeing?[/QUOTE]

Irony and the difference between anglophole and anglophile perhaps?

You’re a corker Shannon.

I think you need help.

[quote=“Gman”]the great Ashley Young.
.[/QUOTE]

:stuck_out_tongue:

Stick to the NFL Gman

playing much better lately alright. didnt have a good start, and a woeful derby game didnt help, but since then, they’ve been playing really well. Ronaldinho has being playing great stuff too. Has created some amount of goals, and has scored a couple too. Pato is still developing well. Only thing that would cooncern me a bit is that the midfield is still being backboned by Seedorf and Gatusso, and whilst they are great players and playing well, they need the likes of Flamini and Abate to nail down places. Abate has been used at left back recently, so maybe he wont step into midfield. but the midfield sector is really old, Gatusso, Seedorf, Pirlo, Beckham, Ambrosini, Ronaldinho. Borriello has been doing alright this year too, and Huntelaar has scored some goals coming off the bench too. And always the best goal hanger ever to come off the bench in Inzaghi. Not gone on Thiago at the back either. But Antonini seems a decent player who has come in lately too.

The next derby will tell all. at least Milan have responded to a shit year last year, and Ronaldinho has got a kick up the arse too.

Stick to the NFL Gman[/QUOTE]

sarcasm woody. :wink: KIBman has a bit of a hard on for the wonderful Ashley Young.

Ronaldinho looks to be back to his old self. He’s running riot against Siena here. The Utd-Milan match is goning to be very interesting if they keep this form up.

Ronnie just wrapped up the hat trick with a screamer into the top corner :thumbsup:

When the draw was made I reckoned Milan would knock United out, but if United have Ferdinand and Vidic fit and of sound mind then United might just edge it.

KIB Man might be onto something here.

Fiorentina gone last night, and with it a CL spot to Germany.

Milan are a pale pale shadow of what they once were.

All hope rests with Inter, a Club who field few if any native Italians.

I weep for the halcyon days. They will never return at this rate.

good time to bump the thread.

Milan were shite last night, no doubting that. they fooked up in the first leg tho, no way they should have came away from that with a loss. but their effort last night was shocking. they really couldnt give a toss. their performance last night resembled how they played against Inter this year. Whatever their problem is, I dont know. But against most of the Serie A sides, they’ve played great stuff, and scored plenty. Against Inter they were a pale shadow of how their form has been, and same goes for last night. If they had taken half their chances in that first half against Utd, who knows what would have happened last night, but ifs could haves and should haves never won anything.

I see Lyon knocked Madrid out too, obviously the French league is better than the Spanish then eh? only one Spanish team left etc etc. Its easy to make arguments for anything.

Your argument about Lyon Real doesnt stand up though Gman, as the French league never bestrode European Football like a Collossus in the way that Italian Football did. Italian Football was sexy, glam, sought after, now its just a bloatetd carcass, summed up by that AC Milan team that was fielded last night. Never before have I seen such a poor side sent out on the famous red and black.

I think people are overlooking the part Roma played in Milan’s capitulation last night. We gave them such an almighty game on Saturday night that they simply had nothing left in the tank. We were Vitali Klitschko fighting them for 11 gruelling rounds before throwing Wladimir (Manchester United) at them to inflict a huge knock-out blow in the last.

i find it quite telling that the Romanista on here such as me you the cisco kid the kerryflyer take delight in a team from lombardy losing yet the anglophiles drop domestic rivalry & follow wharever team plays under the butchers apron in europe -does MBB even know rudyard kippling is dead?

I know what you mean, and I was only pointing that out as an ad hoc argument showing that you can use anything to prove a point, but at the same time, is their any reason why you couldnt say the French league is better if the same criteria is used? ie Madrid were knocked out by an average French side, even tho they are the biggest team in Europe.

it is true tho about Milan having a poor side out. I honestly thought they had a chance in this tie, and the first half of the first leg more than proved that point. but to go out so badly is telling. I was in the middle of texting a mate about Ambosini back to centre half is another goal for rooney, just as Nani crossed in the ball. ridiculous tactics from leonardo, and as much as a warrior Ambrosini is, he is long past it. Inzaghi as well. Seedorf still has something to give, and I think Pirlo can too, but there is an awful amount of dead weight there. Beckhams signing was the biggest circus ever, and I never felt he made any impact in Milan.

Yea, I would have felt they had a chance also, due more to the fact that United are a dying entity themselves at the moment, and are little more than a one man band. The fact that Milan couldnt take advantage of this was most disconcerting though. Had Pato been available they may have shaken United a little more, but by virtue of the fact that such a poor United side can sweep Milan aside, is just not on.

There needs to be a revolution of Italian football, its horrifying to watch how far its fallen from its former lofty heights.

it was the first leg that killed them. Borriello out injured, starting that clown Beckham, and not taking their many chances whilst Utd get fook all and score 3. had they done what they should have, it could have been a different story, but that means fook all. they missed an oppertunity. pato wouldnt have done enough to stop that sort of drubbing last night.