What has gone wrong with Italian club football?

while some might argue simplistically that Utd got more goals over the coarse of both games, it was the Italian side who were the real winners for their mastery of space and movement.
ncc, verify this.

should this be bumped again in light of last nights Italian failure against the top side in the EPL?

inter have been shit at late so winning so easily against the best team was only mildly surprising- imagine what a form team such as calcio catania would do to an epl team

:clap:

Ahem B)
I thought these Italian lads had mastered the art of defending?

:lol: :lol:

juve are so shit when they dont have the referrees playing with them - Turin pigs :lol: :lol:

I think its pretty clear that middle of the road EPL is better than the fith best placed team in Italy. Thats all really.

stick to the paedo stick kev - a middle of the road austrian team knocked the 5th placed epl team out of this competition
this result shows how much Juve have fallen- when my beloved Roma hammered fulham with their reserve team a few weeks back who would have thought this result was possible

funny thing is that hodgson is describing what he thinks is a uniquely english trait below but there are muldoons on here such as kib,kev mbb & mac who have morphed into englishmen & have taken on this trait

When asked whether Inter beating Chelsea was a surprise:

“Why should the Inter result be a surprise?” asked Hodgson. “It bothers me that we are getting so enamoured with what we do here on this island that, all of a sudden, we believe we are invincible. The unfortunate thing when you start to compare leagues is that you compare the very top teams but what you never compare is, for example, Chievo against Sunderland. Maybe to really discuss how good a league is, you might have to start analysing some of those teams. I don’t like glibness, it is very dangerous. For me, football is full of surprises.”

He’s right in what he says.

Your the one who supports a British soccer team, so lump yourself in with KIB if you want, but the rest of us have classier taste in the clubs we admire.

where in britain is rancagua?

Probably not

Spot fucking on. :clap:

No coincidence that this season is the first time in years we defeated them in Turin.

+1

a club for cheats run by cheats - ever since they have stopped cheating they are mince

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

Don’t you fookin dare refer to me in the same sentence as KIB Man again

You follow Glasgow Celtic yes?

Go away you little fool.

answer the question- where in britain is Rancagua

btw- there is no football club called Glasgow Celtic

I’m a huge Roy Hodgson fan. He fairly tore Jamie Redknapp and those other clowns a new one over the Norwegian referee last year. His team play in the right manner and he conducts himself in the right way too. Not afraid to go against the grain either which is a trait I admire in people.

But noone is asking him to compare Chievo v Sunderland. In the champions league only the top teams take part so its not a valid comparison. As a result Inter beating Chelsea is a big surprise really given Inter’s awful record in the CL in recent years and the dominance of the English clubs in the CL particularly over the Italian clubs over the same period.

On the game itself I thought it was a very poor spectacle. Mourinho though is a winner. His sides know what it take to win. It wasnt pretty but they defended really well and outfought Chelsea in midfield. What was noticeable was again how Lampard struggles to get involved when space is tight in midfield. The result was a foregone conclusion long before the end.

:rolleyes: