What level of Football did you reach?

With @mikehunt and @EstebanSexface having a great debate on another thread, here’s the opportunity to discuss how good a level you played at.

I once played in a match that had a scout from Nottingham Forest at it, albeit to look at another player on our team. Neither he, or indeed me, got a call. That was as good as it got for me.

Honours wise - Leinster Senior Schools x 1, Munster Junior League x 1.

im sure you had a great left foot!

2 Likes

I played against Glasgow Celtic U-18’s came on as a sub - we were winning 2-1 at half time, I’m fairly sure Liam Miller was playing and I think Shaun Moloney got 5 goals in the second half

Champions League Football GIF by BT Sport

Mean Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Comedy Central Singing GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

1 Like

I thought you played to a high level the way you were going on.

i just said higher than you, which would be any level of organised 11 a side

Celtic u18s? :grinning::grinning:

Nice humble brag there @Locke,start a thread to see how good other lads were by telling us how great you were yourself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Mac esque like.

3 Likes

I once scored more goals than Jason Byrne in a match

1 Like

I scored a hat trick during break…probably inside 10 minutes. Most of the lads had gone back to class by the time the third one went in, but it was from half way with my weaker weaker foot, and i was being fouled at the time

you brought up the fact people wouldn’t understand unless they played first… go on then mate, out with it

The shit comedian? Was he good at ball?

Kept future Irish international Daryl Horgan scoreless in my 30 minutes man-marking him off the bench in the second half. The 3-0 deficit at half-time is absolutely irrelevant.

5 Likes

FC Barcelona first team but I don’t blow about it

1 Like

You should have said fiorentina mate…

I played backyard football for a whole summer against Aiden McGeady as a kid. Couldn’t even manage to kick the cunt, never mind tackle him he was that elusive and him 3yrs younger than us.

I won’t lie to the forum.

I formed part of the greatest midfield axis of all time, but I’ll say no more to keep my identity secret

1 Like

I played for Bolton.

1 Like