What’s your financial situation

Just putting out there honest answers only please

1 Like

Comfortable enough, but I’ve no-one to mind but myself really

2 Likes

I’ve enough put away that if I croaked tomorrow my child would be looked after

2 Likes

Loaded.Lovely morning out there btw @iron_mike have you started demolishing the utility yet.

2 Likes

Earn quite a lot, spend quite a lot.
Precarious enough I reckon. Recent developments should leave us with a bit of breathing room, but the investment threads make me uncomfortable as I haven’t a clue what people are talking about.
House is near enough paid off, and hope to build in galway fairly soon, but neither are investments, and neither will provide any income.
Put it this way, I never ever dreamed that we could earn this much, and still have nothing much left at the end of the month. School fees are a killer.
In our favour is its all crap, and we’d be as happy with less.

5 Likes

Genuine question, what does “looked after” mean? And is this by insurance policy or savings?

You need a financial advisor.

I know. Its making me feel uneasy recently. I suppose I’m getting tired. Tired of work and tired in general. I want to go home, but I’m stuck for a bit yet.

3 Likes

I’m well ahead of where I thought I’d be 5…10…15 years ago. (I wonder who this will drive absolutely demented first).

4 Likes

No not yet kid. I have nothing to do with it bar paying for it. It’s totally her project. The only thing I’m involved in our renovations is that I bought a new shed and lawnmore

3 Likes

The gilded cage. increases in income over years means most people build one to the size of their income without ever meaning to.

1 Like

I haven’t a pot to piss in

16 Likes

Only a few acres to graze cattle on

2 Likes

Ahead of bills ,college fees for my boy in a savings account,but on a personal level I keep abreast of a cu loan,live frugal ,and at this time of the year hand to mouth existence ( Feb is a bastard for a 60+ painter :hugs:) but being honest and blunt when times get really worrying the man above pushes work to me,busy most of last year but it is what it is

16 Likes

Peace of mind is everything

2 Likes

Big pot shared by most

Stick at it took me 20 years to get home,but extremely happy I did

3 Likes

Main thing :+1:(you got your priorities right)I’ve fuck all to leave and only savings are in my kids college account but happy enough

2 Likes

I’d be comfortable of I hadn’t a house to pay for. I earn about 3500 a month on average (depending on the number of days worked, as I am a contractor). The mortgage is 1100; the killer is a personal loan payment of 419 per month, which was needed to finish the house. Herself has a similar loan. I save about 850 a month which is probably excessive but I still have to a bathroom and to landscape outside to do. It’s frustrating that we are spending so much on a house instead of holidays etc but it keeps herself happy.

1 Like

Balaclava