What’s your financial situation

Comprehensive package.

FYI information, she’s going to poison you.

Edit: I see Ambers got in before me.

2 Likes

Money buys choice- keep telling my kid as we drive through our estate ,get the teaching job ( instead of trade like me)steady Eddie job stick it out and choose where you live ,what you drive) eat etc,I’m hoping he emigrates as here he hasn’t a hope this country takes too much for any young person to get ahead

2 Likes

In a steady job at the minute and I like the work I do. Have thought about going contracting for a year or two but decided against it. Will lose out on Health Insurance and the company pension plan so I decided against it.

Will have a car loan paid off in June this year and expecting talks about a promotion in July so will have more cash for savings then.

I’m happy enough with where I am financially, of course I could be better but there’s a lot of people my age who are in a way worse situation.

4 Likes

Stick at it, contracting is a huge gamble,get sick and you’re not looked after etc

Copper

I feel you aren’t fully monetizing your talent .

Lookit the poison is always a back up plan and Id trust her to do the right thing if it came to it

1 Like

It’ll turn into a Dick measuring contest shortly

:grinning:

Ah no I’m happy enough where I am. I’m clocked out for 12:30 latest every Friday. I don’t think I could go back to having to stay until 5 on a Friday :joy:

1 Like

That’s it really in a nutshell everyone has different commitments

1 Like

and you have an additional stream of income from Romania

Worth it bud,my late brothers wife can attest to that,banks were hounding them up to 6 months before he passed away,his wife had nothing but between protection etc she was left a nice house in Castlemartyr

And vice versa!

1 Like

I don’t declare that to any financial institutions

2 Likes

“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”

1 Like

Another thing to consider, depending on the size of company you work for, the bigger the company the bigger the compensation for being made redundant. The longer you work in a place the bigger the pot of gold you’re sitting on. I’ve seen people I’ve worked with regularly walk out the door with a 6 figure check. European labour law is your friend. I’m in the same place 14 years. I’m not leaving til they pay me to leave.

5 Likes

Between life insurance, mortgage cover and what the company would pay out my wife would be far better off slipping someone a few grand to get rid of me. Probably wouldnt be any shortage of willing candidates either.

3 Likes

You’ll never be offered redundancy unless the whole place goes tits up. It’ll cost them too much. Loads of companies out there with dead wood for the last 20 years (not saying you are) but can’t afford to let lads go

I was made redundant a few years ago…best thing that ever happened and was on cards for a while so I had the next plan made. I took 8 months off at the time and it drove some fellas on here absolutely demented :ok_hand:

23 Likes

No ones worth nothin dead

I was laid off in 2013. After ten years service. Took 4 months off. Couldn’t believe my first weeks dole. You get an allowance for the kids an all. Was drawing nearly 300 notes a week for sitting on my hole. And I didn’t claim half what I was entitled to. No wonder some lads sit on there hole

1 Like