What will you be having for Christmas Dinner?

The :snowflake: generation

Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

Have you the bread sauce started?

1 Like

Sure it only takes 5 minutes. Mash up a few crusts of bread in some milk then vomit on it then mash it all up in a big bowl.

16 Likes

Maybe the reason you donā€™t like Bread Sauce is you havenā€™t been making it right mate?

1 Like

Iā€™ll be eating whatever Iā€™m given.
I will open a fine, fine red though, likely a claret

4 Likes

Lots of hot whiskeys, changing routine this year and going to a large get together Christmas morning in a friends house where copious amounts of hot whiskey will be available. One of the ccha juniors is lined up to drive, no drink-driving on my patch.

2 Likes

Or maybe I donā€™t like bread sauce because it is peasant food eaten by mud hut dwellers?

2 Likes

Donā€™t think Nigella is a peasant mate.

great post
i have no intention on this of all days to get involved in the kitchen, thankfully my esteemed other half is quite primative in this regard with respect of the roles and responsibilities of the house, her father cant even make a cup of coffee because he never needed to and thatā€™s the way it should be.
i will engage in manly tasks such as hosting random neighbours and will bring in coal and firewood on an as needed basis,

we have lads like @Horsebox here penning posts of culinary endeavour of a tone similar ro @cluaindiuicā€™s triathlon achievements , it is what makes TFK unique tho as @HBV alluded to last night and makes for wonderful if a little disconcerting reading at times

i wish you and your family a wonderful christmas @flattythehurdler
i hope you have a nice fire going and enjoy that wine

15 Likes

its fascinating to see the carry on of some lads on here, and depressing to see the way the country is gone

@Horsebox there making his bread sauce as he lays on a lavish spread in his parlour,

this lad is exhibiting signs of schizophrenia

I couldnā€™t get over the amount of obese women there are in Ireland with fags hanging out of their mouths. Obesity is a serious issue it seems

It appears @cluaindiuic has rattled you to your very core, Michael. Youā€™ve replied to his response to you twice and tagged him in at least 3 posts that Iā€™ve seen this morning. Itā€™s unedifying to see such seethe in a forum stalwart.

is it brennanā€™s bread you use for the bread sauce?

I think youā€™ve the wrong end of the (bread) stick here, mate. Har de har.

5 Likes

And your good selves. Hope you have a great one. Thanks very much

@Mac will be having a turkey curry with chips.

2 Likes

Turkey and all the trimmings

Itā€™s fascinating how this thread has evolved since 2015 as lads on here have taken over their family kitchens with gusto, inspired by the classically trained Nogra chefs. Disappointing though that turkey is still being considered as a food. Set the sights higher lads, a bone in prime rib roast is a noble alternative.

2 Likes

Turkey and ham for me.

9 Likes