What will you be having for Christmas Dinner?

Turkey and ham for me also. No sprouts. No No. Profiteroles and a drop of red to finish.

Weā€™re going to chance a heap of handy stuff from M&S this year. Right down to the sprouts & the gravy, along with deserts. Fuck it weā€™ll be gone away the 26th and I canā€™t be bothered going to any hassle doing all the dinner stuff. Iā€™ll do the turkey & ham Christmas eve and the rest will be done in 20mins Christmas afternoon. Life is too short for floostering in the kitchen all day.

4 Likes

What is this floostering you are talking about? Flooster is slang for vagina and fooster is an Irish expression for fiddling around, the mind boggles as to what you are actually planning for Christmas morning.

Goose this year with the Mrs Batts auld lad coming around. In his 95th year and will have three cans of creamy porter (Murphys) after the dinner.

The roast spuds from goose fat are only unreal.

7 Likes

Love the Murphys out of a can myself.

Is he a Corkman?

Will the 2 of ye shtand back after the feed and let the wimmen wash the dishes?

4 Likes

Not at all. A limerickman through and through. I have to say I like it myself and when I go to Cork visiting I love a few scoops of it. We have friends in Blackpool and go to Dalys bar around there. I havenā€™t been there in a few years though but the cans remind me of the taste. Guinness is shite, they have been pandering to modern palettes and Murphys donā€™t seem to have done that.

1 Like

No pal, but I will put the ware in the dishwasher, the best invention ever. I make desert usually so Iā€™ll stow away while prepping that much.

I found a lovely recipe online for Baileys Tiramisu and I might give it a crack.

2 Likes

Iā€™m planning to make duck lettuce wraps for starters, found a lovely looking recipe. A bit heavy perhaps but should be OK if we have a long gap until main course.

Iā€™ve settled on black pudding with goats cheese myself.

3 Likes

Lettuce wraps like yuk sung? Sounds good, finely chopped duck?

I never do a starter, weā€™ll have some finger food in a neighbours place and just tear into the dinner when itā€™s ready, turkey and ham this year again, the stuffing and sprouts will be my highlight

What kind of stuffing ?
Iā€™ll do a traditional sage and onion breadcrumb stuffing but would like a 2nd different one.

Black pudding potato cakes for me.

Simple sage onion and apple, I add finely chopped streaky bacon to this as well, my father in law goes wild for it so ivestuck with this for a few years now

1 Like

Buckā€™s Fizz lads. What are the doā€™s and donā€™ts.
Have neighbours + their teenagers and a childless couple in for Christmas morning ( early ish) so Iā€™m serving Buckā€™s Fizz with ā€¦ I donā€™t know yet. Maybe Jameson & water if Iā€™m in the humour.

1 Like

It must be terrible to be a pisshead.

The sister is doing salmon filled vol o vonts for starters. First time for everything I suppose.

2 Likes

A noble starter.

Tasty enough.

What would you know.