What will you be having for Christmas Dinner?

I will get Mass in and a few aa meetings to keep me going.

3 Likes

A bit of goose fat on the roasties and thatā€™s a smashing day so it is.

1 Like

That sounds phenomenal. The simplicity and confidence of the chef in this case in his food is a delight to see. A lesson to some lads who are completely overthinking it and probably ending up with a complete dogs breakfast

Lobster tails, prawns, scallops, a pasta salad. On the other side of the table, half a turkey, ham, a selection of roast vegetables
Sweetcorn picked fresh from the garden in abundance. Mrs Fitzy will be doing her universally famous gravy on Christmas Eve, ready for the big day
The gravy takes more time and preparation than anything.
Iā€™ll drive up to the mother in laws about 11am on Christmas day, to bring her to ours for the lunch. Iā€™ll drop her home about 4pm
So no traip for Fitzy until I have these duties completed. Once home, Iā€™ll tuck in with herself to a dozen or so oysters washed down with pints of Guinness. The only way to eat oysters in my book, I eschew all toppings and preparations for this noble fruit of the ocean.
Weā€™ll watch a Christmassy Ted in the afternoon after lunch,having taken in Its A Wonderful Life in the.morning.
Iā€™ll then look forward to the St Stephens day test and hopefully Australia will win the toss and bat.
Then my personal christmas highlight - my annual watching of The Dead while imbibing ales, Guinness and shiraz. Perhaps a port also
Iā€™m hoping to get time to.mow the lawns tomorrow chaps, recent storms have made my front garden look decidedly ragged. However, we may have to ā€œgo somewhereā€ or ā€œdo somethingā€ tomorrow, which may put a spanner in those works.

2 Likes

???

Father Ted mate. I should probably have some spiritual involvement for the day thats in it.

Iā€™m responsible for the starter on the big day. Just picked up some scallops, prawns and samphire there - itā€™s gonna be wonderful.

3 Likes

Peranakan food, apparently.

Snap- watching The Dead Christmas night is something I look forward toā€¦

1 Like

Where did you get samphire, mate?

Coinbox mate, itā€™s 10x what it was at 9am this morning

5 Likes

Youā€™ll pick that up in any fishmonger mate

1 Like

It was available in the fish shop - Georges in Monkstown.

1 Like

Youā€™re more than welcome at mine pal

1 Like

turkey (crown) and ham, spuds, carrots & sprouts. iā€™ll be doing the cooking. picked up a nice bottle of presocco in aldi and a hardys shiraz to go with it.

1 Like

I have the ham soaking now. The Christmas dinner train has left the station.

If your sleepy after that and need a pick me up, my import/exporter acquaintance in the Streatham Hill area could assist.

Seasons Greetings.

5 Likes

Jimmy White is the least of my worries

Just the four types of potato ?

X[quote=ā€œTassotti, post:138, topic:21623, full:trueā€]
Jimmy White is the least of my worries
[/quote]

Do you want to come home? I can sort a flight out for you tomorrow. PM me.

I loved living London but never stayed over there for Christmas, done a NYE once, painful.

This country is a shit hole but itā€™s the best shit hole on the planet.

3 Likes