What year did society reach it's peak?

I’m going with 2002. No facebook, mobile phones were a rarity and it took half an hour to upload a picture of a random pair of tits on the internet. The summers seemed longer and sunnier. A cracking world cup too from what I remember.

2 Likes

And you were aged 16-24 perhaps?

1 Like

Summers from 99 - 02 where savage. The town was absolutely booming. Serious drinking going on every weekend. Heady days.

1 Like

younger

1999 was a great one

:+1:

During those years a great weekend was no home work on a friday and getting chips and fish fingers as a treat for dinner.

Mobiles wouldn’t have been a rarity in 2002.

they would to us pheasants down south @Nembo_Kid

Hours of craic playing Snake 2 on this bad boy during lectures.

3 Likes

Tbf I remember the babysitter allowing me play snake on her phone. Is that the first nokia/mobile that had snake where there was no wall around the edge of the screen?

I think it may have been.

1 Like

Summer of 00 was when mobiles started to become more mainstream.

1 Like

Hon the pheasants!

7 Likes

You’d have great craic with lads who had just got their first mobile round then, sending them prank messages and having all sorts of high jinx at their expense.

2 Likes

2017 when Limerick win the senior hurling AI.

you can thank @Rocko for that. This site is completely fucked up on my phone tonight.

1 Like

I remember my neighbours got a mobile around that time. They were in their 60s. No children. Somebody rang them and they didn’t recognise the number. So they called the guards :grinning:

7 Likes

Everyone knows music attained perfection in 2001. Im sure every generation thinks this but the second half of the 90s til 2002 maybe were the golden age. The Internet was an informative curiosity, not a dominant life ruining force. Lads had a few beers a drove home, no hassle. Lads had to be harangued to go training instead of for pints, and werent outdoing each other with creatine shakes and videos of each other lifting weights. People were ashamed to be on the dole, not proud of it and there was life and young people in rural ireland driving their auld lads jettas and battering each other outside niteclubs after matches,its a wasteland now. Damn you bin laden.

7 Likes