Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

Who, Christy or Dave?

Ah jaysus

Hook Line And Sinker Ghosts GIF by CBS

Texter to Morning Show on Newstalk sent in a message outlying how drugs and drug addicts are dealt with in Singapore. Ciara Kelly starts rabbiting on about Bangkok in response and saying how the airport in Bangkok announces “Drugs mean Death” in the arrival hall. Sure I suppose they all look the same over in South East Asia.

I can’t stand Kelly but I’m unsure of what’s bothered you there to be honest, a normal enough response surely?
It would be like comparing various Northern European countries policies on an Australian show

To my ears she seemed to think that Singapore and Bangkok were one and the same; Singapore seemed to have a fairly progressive system to deal with drug addicts so instead of acknowledging that she started talking about Thailand, which has a very repressive policy towards drugs.

John Kenny on Radio 1 here after playing 3 crackers in a row… Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins x 2

Mayonnaise?

https://twitter.com/johnkennymedia/status/1676704694188621829?s=46&t=p07OIoicsFZzAmuJzZHHNQ

3 Likes

Or gormless

Plenty of that family name about.

1 Like

She’s got a lovely voice, perfect for radio. And she’s got the face for telly. Well done Declan.

The guy standing in for Louise Duffy (name of Ray) seems like a daycent chap, good music too. Seems to be fluent in Irish

What do I know his voice from?

Is he home school hub?

That’s the voice :bulb:

Is he a teacher as well? They were all teachers right?

Yep pretty sure they were

1 Like

That’s my auld buddy Ray ‘Wingnut’ Cuddihy from Doneraile in Co. Cork. A legend of a man. He went back and did the teaching in his 30s, but don’t think he’s teaching in a school at the moment. Doing plenty with RTÉ and other bits on the side, including puppeteering etc. Presented the Irish language alternative show on Spin South West for years.

CC @backinatracksuit

2 Likes

Ray Wingnut?? I follow him on twitter :grinning:

That’s the boyo. A great lad. A genuine alright sort. Delighted to see him getting recognition

1 Like

Great to hear a regional accent on national radio. There is a lad who does the early morning sports news at weekends too who is lovely to listen to. Name doesn’t come to hand.