Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

On Newstalk, which massively revamped their schedule last year, ratings on their repackaged breakfast show featuring Paul Williams, Shane Coleman and Colette Fitzpatrick jumped by 7,000 to 122,000.

:anguished:

Matt Cooper’s ratings dropped by 4,000 to 132,000 while popular duo Dermot and Dave saw their ratings increase by 2,000 to 115,000.The two took Anton Savage’s former slot in the coming weeks.

It was also good news for Louise Duffy who increased by 6,000 to 103,000.
Pat Kenny increased by 1,000 to 147,000 while Newstalk Drive with Chris Donoghue and Sarah McInerney brought in 122,000 listeners.

Meanwhile on Lyric FM Gay Byrne’s ratings increased from 44,000 to 49,000 while Marty Whelan gained an additional 6,000 listeners bringing his ratings to 45,000.
There was also good news for Sean O’Rourke whose ratings increased by 7,000 to 332,000.

Ryan Tubridy also saw his ratings rise from 316,000 to 323,000 compared to the last recorded book of ratings three months ago.

Joe Duffy’s ratings fell slightly for Liveline by 8,000 to 387,000 but the programme remains one of the ‘tentpole’ programmes on RTE.
Ray D’Arcy fell by 3,000 but RTE said this was a marginal drop.

Did they have a temporary presenter set up during Q3 before the new gang and after Yates’ departure? Does that explain the increase? There must be some reason. Yates and Donohoe used to have around 170k.

Too many fellas listening to Paul Williams so they can complain about him.

I’d imagine the car crash that has been the last few months will only be reflected in the next batch.

1 Like

Attagirl Louise.

That Anton cunt is still getting kicked :clap:

1 Like

Couldn’t happen to a nicer man

1 Like

They rotated quite a bit but cuddihy was on it a lot

Lovely piece on Morning Ireland there in its Hiden Gems section on the Guillomene swimming cove past Tramore and the thrill of jumping into the freezing Atlantic waters

Great pic of Miriam.

By God.

Maybe they need to introduce a gender quota of listeners.

Crime hack Paul Williams :sweat_smile:

Ever think it’s down to the fact that they aren’t great rather than gender .

Unfortunately that’s not allowed come into it.

No one likes to listen to a woman telling em what’s what. They turn on the radio to get away from that sure

6 Likes

Paddy Cole has a lovely show on Sunshine Radio on Sunday morning. I was listening to it there when I was out in the car.

Shane and Collette read out yet another survey from some website called Illicit encounters. They must read out a survey from this crowd at least once a week.

Colette couldn’t put up with working with Williams (ahem, punishing schedule).

They’ll have no staff left soon

Is she not going back on the telly as a ‘senior news anchor’?

She is

Don’t worry, I agree Williams is a cunt