Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

It appears to be a matter of some excitement that Ed Sheeran is to speak to Eoghan McDermott at 4pm on 2fm.
I’ve been off work today and out in the car with the kids a lot. It seems that little else is played on the young people’s radio except for Ed.
There’s a song called shape of you that I’ve heard 3 or 4 times in the last couple of hours.
Harry Styles new song is destined for the guilty pleasure thread, reminds me of later Bowie.

Anyone hear the lad representing one of the nursing bodies on Drivetime yesterday evening? He seemed to be utterly unable to say the word “permanent”. He referred multiple times during the interview to “pernament contracts”. It was bizarre.

There should be pelanties for that sort of thing. The fucker wouldn’t last long around here anyway.

How could you go through life making an error like that ? Let alone be the spokesman for a big organisation.

Would someone not call him aside after a meeting and tell him the word is "permanent "

To think he’s probably very well renumerated too.

Remunerate. It’s remunerate

Any other time but now Mike and you’d have struck gold.think about it.

On a tepmorary or pernament contract?

Renumerated is a common one though, you’d nearly understand why people would say it, but pernament, come on.

True enough.

Ah well. I’ll fill my own mug ta very much

And while you’re drinking it stick your phone in to charge

1 Like

Gavin Morrisson’s -Through the looking Glass on 2XM doesn’t half play some gash from the 60s. He opened there with a record from Vanity Fare - I live for the sun - some Californian psychedelic pop sounds from 4 lads from Kent.

The Dave Clarke 5 - A bad Beatles rip off
Buffalo Springfiels - A bad Rolling Stones rip off

I’d say it was a great time for ugly cunts in a band to make few bob.

Trax. Old school has a new home. 107.1. Very nice station for lads like me who like the squelch of a 303 and a hi hat. Doubt if you’ll pick it up outside the M50 though.

1 Like

Clare fm l or radio Kerry bud

My God, sad to report that Arthur Murphy is sounding awful shook with Kathryn Thomas at the moment.

Spin Southwest for me :slight_smile:

Really good Doc on one at the moment about Roche 87, I hadn’t realised the bad feeling that he created during the Giro, incredible mental strength, Eddie Scheppers was the hero.

1 Like

He was same in Giro. Early in race he was in a break and did a deal with some fella and let him win the stage on a promose that his team would support Roche later in race.

Giro was unreal race too the crowd hated Roche. He roped in a few other English speakers from different teams to help him. One was Millar and maybe Yates the English lad.

Kimmage did a live interview with OTB few weeks back about the 87 tour. Brilliant stuff.

There is a documentary about the day he took the yellow jersey for the first time in the 87 Tour on thecyclingpodcast. Jean-Francois Bernard who lost out called Roche “an eel and a snake”.