Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

Good question. Roche took the jersey for the first time on Monday july 20th, lost it on the Tuesday, came back from the dead on the Wednesday, took 18secs off Delgado on the thursday (he’s in the studio for TVE this week), then finally took the lead on the Saturday. Charlie Haughey rounded off the greatest week in Irish sport by winning the sprint on the Champs Elysee on the Sunday.

3 Likes

Magical part of ireland if the weather is good to you

1 Like

It’ll certainly encourage you up any tough climbs anyway, enjoy the spin and the show.

1 Like

I trust you’ve never met @Brimmer_Bradley

Handsome he ain’t but fat he ain’t either.

I can specifically recall watching the stage where Roche took the yellow jersey on the Monday at Villard de Lans but I don’t think I watched the Alpe d’Huez, La Plagne or Morzine stages as I heard about Roche needing oxygen on the radio in the car. I definitely watched the time trial and the final stage.

I was just thinking today about how hard the final week was in comparison to this year’s race.
Sunday - time trial up Mont Ventoux
Monday - medium mountain stage
Tuesday - high mountain stage to Alpe d’Huez
Wednesday - high mountain stage to La Plagne
Thursday - high mountain stage to Morzine

The stages from Monday to Thursday were all 185km or over. Utterly savage.

Dermot Morgan’s “Scrap Charlie” had a tremendous segment where “Haughey” talks about his cycling credentials. Don’t forget, as well as winning the Tour de France, Haughey also reached the quarter-finals of the 1990 World Cup.

From 0:37 here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meYSr8lzz7U

1 Like

I am listening to Seascapes now on RTE 1 . Lovely show . Talking about Achill .

1 Like

Has Marcus Connaughton retired yet?

Tours were much harder then. I never made it to the finish. I ended up in the hospital having my appendix removed on the Friday night.,

bbcradio ulster

Let’s go shopping and Turnip Fish by the Sultans of Ping FC back to back just now on John Creedon show

Whipping Boy promised as coming up

:clap:

http://www.imroradioawards.ie/shortlist2017.php

Great to see Joanne Cantwell recognised :clap:

She’s a cunt

4 Likes

That’s one form of recognition I suppose.

Radio Limerick milking the Foley death with three nominations for it, and none anywhere else

When it comes to rugby, Limerick excel.

1 Like

John Kelly back with Mystery Train on Lyric at 7. Super show. The kind of music I’d play myself. He seems to enjoy it too.

6 Likes

Examples of music ??

Lovely stuff. A true pro

Has he moved from the afternoon slot? Or is it temporary?

Yes permanent