Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

I flew through a few odds jobs between 6pm and 7pm with it playing away in the background. Great tunes, happy memories.

2 Likes

Kelly Anne is up next.

I’ve all my jobeens done.

I can’t get used to jenny green’s early start time of 6 on 2fm for the electric disco.
It’s the best show on the radio for me from a music perspective.
Powerful dance music with loads of classics

1 Like

Is that her slot now? Didn’t even know.

Declan played Moby - ‘every time you touch me’ when I was trying to get the kids up the stairs to bed. Bed time was cancelled for 15 minutes and we tore up the place.

12 Likes

Was it hard to settle them after that?

I’d often work them up into a frenzy and you’re right it takes a good 30 mins to bring them down but you’ll get a savage night’s sleep out of them and that makes it all worth while

1 Like

I don’t know how you do it

4 Likes

Different tune but this is class from his Glastonbury set back in 03. Also his autobiography is really really good too

1 Like

no polish radio stations to listen to?

Happy Christmas mate.

Rte radio 1 featuring a double Sunday miscellany Christmas special @ 9:00am.
Attn @Sidney.
Best show in the world.

1 Like

Joe Duffy hosting the jackeen Christmas on radio one now. Brendan O’Carroll will be on in a minute telling how he’s such a great man for the charity.

1 Like

I think the second hour of it is on tomorrow?

Sunshine. Dublin’s easy listening station. 9 am on a Sunday morning with Paddy Cole spinning the discs.

Creedon playing Little Musgrave here. t’would put years on you.

1 Like

I was out in the car there earlier when I chanced upon Energy 101. I got an hour of easy listening and Classic Rock. Thin Lizzy Horslips Jackson Browne Van Halen the Beatles George Harrison Patti Smith Frankie Valli etc. But none of the songs were the obvious usual ones you hear from these artists.

I enjoyed it.

They broadcast on short wave, cc @balbec @Fitzy

4 Likes

I am listening to Open Tempo in the car. Some great tunes on it but you could be liable to get an hour of 70s funk just as much as 90’s grunge or Brit pop. Best thing though kis no adds and no DJ waffling on for an age about the tune before he actually sticks it on.

Storm north east.
Unreal

Brilliant . I must fire up the radiogram and point it west.

1 Like