Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

John Kelly playing a bit of Scott Walker now

1 Like

Joe Duffy

Vinny the taxi rep is after making a veiled threat against IMRO collectors - “they’d still be looking for the bodies” if they went to a taxi driver protest to collect their invoices. Wishes them well in their endeavours.

Small business owners looking to ride roughshod over the rights of singer songwriters.

this is phenomenal cork lads
@fenwaypark and @Sidney will appreciate it
cork local radio was excellent

That’s a superb blog

Lovely tribute to Pat McAuliffe on Radio 1 a while ago, worth listening back, very nicely done

The South Winds blows is a lovely show … I enjoy playing it back on Monday or Tuesday morning in work.

It’s superb - I’d often do something similar myself. An awful shame you can’t get it as a podcast

1 Like

I only discovered it about a year back while parked up waiting for princess to come out of a show… it would restore your faith in radio.

It’s good for the soul

That hurling snob character Liam Hurley on gift grub is top class, well worth’s listen back

I wouldn’t say there is any “best” Irish radio station, but very good shows on some stations. RTE 1 has some top drawer music shows, usually late at night.
Lyric and John Kelly can be very good too, but hard going at times.
Newstalk has its moments. Today FM, bar bits and bobs of Matt Cooper I tend to avoid.
I used to listen to Ed’s Songs of Praise and Paul McCloone, but sometimes I get the whiff of too cool for school/rathmines/harold cross/craft beer hipsterism off it, and McCloone often goes on about new bands as if they’re the most important thing ever. It’s just music, not heart surgery. I think it might be more to do with me reading into the hype about a band, McCloone plays them, and then I think “that wasn’t very good was it” (Fontaines DC for example)

2 Likes

Have you a link?

Sean O Rourke 30 years with RTÉ today.

A great man.

Andrea Gilligan is a fine woman

Cillian Murphy played Limerick’s PowPig on his latest BBC6 show @anon61878697

Cillian Murphy has a good sense of humour i recently discovered.

He’d get on well in here, I’d say he has FOTF status

Bump

1 Like

When are the OTB lads starting this 24 hour sport malarky.

Surely there is a market for a GAA discussion show for a few hours of a Sunday evening when cars are full of lads on way home and fellas are pottering around doing a few jobs at home in the depths of despair heading back to work after three weeks off