What's your favourite sandwich filling?

very rare cold roast beef with horseradish on good bread
Tuna, sweet corn, onion and mayo in a roll

Tinfoil wrapped hang with stale tae with a pink shnack in thurles on a fine day

That is serious shit right there. A savage sandwich.
I got it one day in a sandwich place in Limerick, but unfortuneatly the Eastern European behind the counter was obviously not familiar was horse raddish and ladeled the stuff on like coleslaw. Tears came into my eyes as I bit into it! Seriously hot.

how did you know she was eastern european(belarus estonia etc) & not central european(polans slovakia hungary etc)?

why did you assume it was a she?
It was actually a male, terrible stereotyping of deli assistants out of you.

:clap: :clap:
Checkmate!!!

deli assistants should be female- thats a given

how did you know she was eastern european

The same way we know your a complete waste of space, by listening to you.

:popcorn:

Good bread very important there runt, soak up the blood

Souldressing has it nailed here.

An honourable mention for

Brown bread
Relish
cajun chicken
smoked cheese
sweetcorn

Toasted

I have no real preference for any particular type of sandwich but i do like lettuce, tomatoe, cheese usually with a meat (often ham, beef or hot chicken).

At the moment iā€™m eating a fine and tasty sandwich consisting of bread bread, mayonaise, roast beef, lettuce and scallions. In truth a bit of tomatoe would make it but itā€™s not bad all the same. Iā€™d to sprinkle a bit of salt on the beefā€¦

Normally not fussy as long as the bread is good and fresh. I go through different fadsā€¦

White Bread, Luncheon, Coleslaw, Scallion and Cheese.

Rare Warm Roast beef, Lettuce, Red Onion, Tomato and Horseradish on a crispy white role.

and last Thursday had a wrap, filled with chicked, pesto, sundries tomatoes, lettuce and rocketā€¦ different class.

But on Munster championship days, Egg Salad (egg, mayo [with a drop of worchester sause], redonion, lettuce, tomatoe, and sweet pepper), Slice of honey roast ham, on white batch loafā€¦ exquisite.

Reminds me of this from about 6.10 on

http://www.220.ro/desene-animate/American-Dad-412-Roy-Rogers-McFreely/BHe0e0THbK/

:rolleyes:

no wonder all your hair fell out eating shit like that

:smiley:

I just had a sangwich on wholemeal bread (I like to keep healthy) with the remains of a medium rare steak, lettuce picked this morning from the garden, cheddar cheese, eggplant from the garden (aubergine to you europeans) and red capsicum (or pepper as you call it) with butter, pepper and a roasted garlic mayonaise. Naturally washed down with a large mug of strong tae. And I got a blueberry muffin left over from some tools meeting earlier.

Cucumber is the most disgusting food known to man.

Carrolls Coleslaw is nice but often coleslaw can be horrible plus the deli dollies often horse it in. Its a no from me.

Big time. Lived on them in college. If by any chance they put tomatoes in by accident I make them start again. Tomatoes are horrible.

+1, its a bit controversial though as too much onion will make your breath stink. Peppers aswell I chucked in the odd time in G&L. Iā€™m not that adventurous with food and not sure Iā€™d persist with it.

Potato Salad in bread :lol: Potato salad can be nice if you make it yourself. Yesterdayā€™s roast potatoes, fresh scallions, bit of tabasco, black pepper and loads of hellmans mayo. Yum. The thought of egg salad is enough to make me puke.

Brown bread with seeds in is disgusting. As is any kind of relish.

Good going Fitzy. Though eggplant is a negative from me.

Since I moved to Oz, Ive gotten into beetroot in my wrap. I dont know why but it moistens the wrap lovely. Iā€™ll either get hot or barbecued chicken (has to be hot chicken I hate cold chicken for some reason)cheese, lettuce, beetroot and mayo. Mayo here aint as nice as home but not as bad as the States either. I get ham the odd time but ham here aint as good either.

Wraps are nicer than rolls I find. With brown bread, the only kind I like is homemade soda bread. Then a bit of butter, cheddar cheese (Wexford is best), and Hellmans mayo is delish.

Cottage cheese,Marmite and cucumber on brown bread.

Leave it in the fridge overnight and the Marmite soaks into the bread.

Try it,its the future.

:wink:

I used to work with a fella who would only eat a roll with ham and egg mayonaise. He would get them to horse in the egg mayonaise so that it filled the roll and was basically spewing over the edges and out the ends. It was some sight watching him eat it.

Peanut butter and banana, toasted obviously. Thank you very much.

I have left the building.