What's your favourite sandwich/roll?

Subway is very nice. Hearty Italian bread, chicken & bacon ranch with toasted cheese, lettuce and south western sauce.

:clap:

I’m not a fan of Subway at all though I do induldge from time to time when there is no better option.
I had a thread on here before where I stated my preference for Quiznos, but I was roundly condemned after it so I think I might be alone in that one.

Subway’s marketing seems to have worked in Ireland anyway. Its dreadful food, they use fake chicken.

I don’t know how of ye can even go in Subways, the smell of the place is sickening. It’s not food. I don’t know what the fuck it is but it’s certainly not food that they serve up in there.

+1.

A vile establishment. The smell in all of their outlets is revolting.

There’s a big banner on a wall close to where I work advertising their deal of the day. One of the pieces of small print at the bottom states that the ham they use isn’t actually ham and is made from “extracts of ham” whatever they are.

:smiley:

Who are these frauds passing themselves off as chickens?

No, what it says is “reformed ham”.
Which is what the majority of ham sold in packets in the supermarkets is anyways.
I wouldn’t normally get subway but as said above I do find the BMT tasty on occassion.

There’s a place in the market that does ham sandwiches with big thick slices of ham cut straight off the bone. Savage stuff.

I’ve always been a Swedish Food Company fan since Rocko introduced the venue to me as a young and impressionable trainee accountant back in 2002. A panini with a small bit of butter and containing cajun chicken, Swedish cheese, coleslaw and lettuce. Lovely.

Any of the Cork lads drop into the sandwich counter in the English market? Expensive but gorgeous sandwiches in there, Reuben’s etc.

Brown Bread, Turkey, Ham and Swiss Cheese. Never get anything else on a sandwich.

Roll - Hot Spicy Chicken, Mayo, Grated cheese, Lettuce. Hangover breakfast that one

Palestinian chicken

The thread is called your favourite sandwich, not what you have for lunch mon-fri!

Y’see I can’t always get it because my girlfriend’s a vegetarian, which pretty much makes me a vegetarian too…

Your girlfriend doesn’t like meat? That might explain why you need some 50 year old french bird to keep you satisfied :smiley:

I met a French-Candian lecturer last week who wants to meet a girl just as much as she wants to meet a boy (a lot), I could be on to a winner here.

I’d go to Spar usually and get turkey, sliced cheddar cheese (absolutely not grated) and coleslaw on a buttered brown roll or brown bread. Sometimes I’ll add cucumber or mixed peppers.

I don’t think I’ve ever eaten in Subway (maybe once in the States) but I’d never be tempted by it.

Good thread.
In my local artisan eatery I also go for a toasted wholemeal sandwich with the following:
English Mustard
Turkey
Redslaw
Tomatoes
Lettuce

All served with a medium to large pot of tea.

The odd time I swap the turkey for ham (they don’t offer chicken which puts me off getting it in a sandwich elsewhere as this place know their stuff so I’d respect their view that chicken and sandwiches don’t mix).

1)Toasted Ham, cheese and onion
2) Breakfast rolls
3) Turkey lettuce tomatoe and chutney

Great choices. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Larry, what is redslaw?