What's your favourite sandwich/roll?

In essence Dunph it is a combination of cabbage, vinegar, apple and ground black pepper. It is distinguishable from coleslaw because red slaw contains no mayonnaise.

The Bijou deli at the terenure end of the Rathgar road does a grand roll.

I used to go for ham, tuna, onion and grated cheese. Stick it in the microwave for a minute to slightly melt the cheese.
Otherwise it was chicken tikka, stuffing, onion and grated cheese. Microwave for a minute.

Cracking.

Nowhere over here makes up rolls except subway.

I had a Phliadelphia cheesesteak sandwich from Deli 147 on Parnell St Dublin 1 today. Pricy at 6.50 but a truly outstanding sandwich. I can’t wait to go back there for another sandwich.

I also had a mince pie doughnut. That was simply unrale and unbelievable, with a mug of strong tea.

2 Likes

Can you describe the Philly cheese steak to us please?

It was rare roast beef, cheddar, onions and pickles with a bit of rocket in a roll that was like a ciabatta.

Yeah that sounds nice. I’ve had the real thing, in Philadelphia. It’s a heart attack over there, it’s this sort of brisket (?) deep fried, and i mean deep fried in this fatty oil. And then they plop it into a baguette of sorts but not one of those cuisine de France ones. And then they loaded it up with your choice of really hot peppers, mild peppers, onions and cheese. Any combinations of those you wanted. It was real nice tack but fuck me it was greasy as anything, i mean the bread was just soggy as you hold it. There were businessmen in suits sitting beside me, big fat fellas, tucking into their Philly cheese steaks at 1pm on a Tuesday afternoon. Obviously they are in there every day for the lunch. Mad place.

2 Likes

That sound lovely all the same Smark.

Fish Finger Sandwich.

Brown bread toasted & buttered
2/3 Fish Fingers Grilled
Small amount of baked beans

Simple & tasty. Comfort food.

5 Likes

I never tried that or never even dreamt of it. Sounds amazing to be fair. I’d love one now but have no fish fingers here.

Real philly cheesestakes are a unrale,wild bad for ye but tasty as fuck

1 Like

I see Subway mentioned here… How the fuck can this thread be taken serious?

3 Likes

Good morning @KinvarasPassion. The lads must be tired of fighting in the ravenous thread and need a new fresh battle ground. It’ll all kick off again about a a sandwich now.

Good Morning Brimmer , Could be another Super Sunday alright.

Seconded. Their meatball sub is fantastic too. Wished they did doughnuts every day but seems to be a Friday thing. The most polite deli staff you’re ever likely to encounter too.

Rare roast beef mmmmmm the only way to have it

Minetta at Sutton Cross do wonderful pressed sandwiches

1 Like

Brown bread. English mustard, tuna, tomatoes, beetroot, jalapeños. Boom!

White roll, cheese, chicken, bacon, lettuce and barbeque sauce toasted

You’re a sick puppy. Tomatoes with tuna? And mustard in the mix? I like all those but certainly not combined.

I must say i like a brown bread sandwich or roll with turkey breast, lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber and a bit of mayo.

You’re not the first to suggest that. This sambo has evolved over 4 years of sampling the delights of deli counters around ireland. The brother would be a man after your own heart. Mad for hot roast sambos