Whatsapp as gaeilge, ‘Big Gaeilge’

Ah WhatsApp web is the bidness

I’ll keep you up to date with what’s new.

https://twitter.com/ronanlyons/status/1721873770049093644?s=46&t=hy6wc4bLZMiyfotc20UniQ

Lyons didn’t get the memo with this kind of logical suggestion. The Irish language lobby would rather that they continue to teach Irish poorly and protect jobs for their patch rather than the greater good.

The growing two tier state funded education system is made worse with the continued middle class and Fior Gael flight to Gaelscoils.

1 Like

Big Gaeilge at it again.

It’s great having an option to send your kids to a gaelscoil and avoiding mixing with riff raff. About the only decent benefit of the language. Seems to drive a few lads demented too, an added bonus.

5 Likes

Best decision I ever made. Much better better class of kids and parents in Gaelscoileana

3 Likes

Not really an issue highlighted in the media.

If you really want to advantage your child in international terms I’d suggest the French school in Foxrock. If you want a decent chance of them being an Irish primary school teacher and having an insular life then I’d suggest a Gaelscoil.

Your suggestions have been duly noted

Surely that suggestion is an absolute no brainer given the current crisis. Very hard to see how anyone would argue against it. Hire a gaelgoir or two for each school and they go in and teach 40 minutes a day for every teacher who can’t speak it. Would revolutionise the profession. Straight away I’d say you’d get more men and working class people for a start.

2 Likes

Would mean pulling them away from the Gaelscoil.

The whole thing is a joke.

Ah there would be loads of current teachers in mainstream perfectly fine at teaching Irish already. You wouldn’t actually need that many.

So that’s why so many kids are going to Gael Scoils these days?

They tend to have better parking and drop offs for SUV’s as well

1 Like

It’s a free school with the kids guaranteed basically to be middle class or above.

SÚV

Ah lovely. Tell us who’s running the big Gaeilge conspiracy again? You never actually got around to explaining how the swindle works…

*the gluaisteàin are ag ciorcalàil…

One of the Seoige sisters

1 Like

Savage. Which one? Gràinne? Does that mean John Delaney is the fear mòr behind it all? The seanathair so to speak?

2 Likes

Nìl a fhios agam

The Spanish teachers/childcare workers doing the ECCE programme in my lads’ place are unreal good. Primary schools would be lucky to have them - that’s a great suggestion by Ronan Lyons & not daft at all. I can’t see aon rud ar bith wrong with it.

3 Likes