Whatsapp as gaeilge, ‘Big Gaeilge’

Wasn’t @chocolatemice saying that Spain was the best place to rear children?

I’d say it is if you want them to be unemployed

5 Likes

Can you not read?

They don’t like a mirror being put up to them.

Fair enough if they want their schools “for the Irish” but why are they insisting on crippling the “normal” sector?

I can but you seem to have answered yourself there and don’t seem open to further discussion on it, I can see why @Juhniallio is ignoring you, you ignorant cunt

How are they crippling the “normal” sector?

Ignorant is not reading posts.

There were two clear questions there.

Perhaps you can read a thread next time before jumping in?

Better Irish teachers moving to GS.

All the people in a gaelscoil. Where do they make the biig grift by being as gaeilge? They could all teach in english schools sure.

Swing and a miss with the kids by the way. I told you before they dont go to a gaelscoil. Barely a focal between them…they shame me daily.

1 Like

The people or the teachers?

The point here is on the Irish language being used to get handy employment and in an exclusionary manner.

The Irish language gets hundreds of millions poured into it annually. The returns are dreadful and more recently it is being used as a tool to exclude the New Irish.

Sorry mate. Im working like a normal lad at the moment. Can only really post at lunch during the day. I’ll be able to argue about shite during the day tomorrow though.

Are the New Irish not allowed go to GS?

There is natural exclusion given the language constraints but there is also hard exclusion in the form of “Irish speaking families” in entrance policies.

The proof is in the pudding. A tiny number of foreign born children go to GS.

So they are allowed to attend then and choose not to?

Irish speaking families get preferential treatment. Interviews in Irish also a policy.

Noting you mentioned “riff raff” above, who did you mean?

So they have the same opportunity to attend as my children do or anyone not from a fluent Oirish background. Where there is excess demand they give preference to Irish speakers, nothing unusual there.

Well noted - I used ‘riff raff’ in its common meaning. Is your understanding of the term outside the common meaning?

They choose not to. Policy can’t be set on your specific social engineering preferences or demands.

To be clear- they operate discriminatory entrance policies that exclude non Irish born people.

The proof is in the pudding. Close to 20% of “regular” Ballymun schools have non Irish born (and increasing) whilst 0% of GS.

You pointed to the lack of riff raff, who are you referring to given you have said there is no discrimination?

You’ve mentioned that chap as well recently on another topic, it appears that your sister made a bad choice of husband or your wife has a cunt for a brother

They, non Irish born children, have the same opportunity as Irish born children (non fluent gaelige speakers) in admittance.

Am I being discriminated against then?

I’ll repeat myself as you seem to be a slow learner. They have the same opportunity as my children, non gaelige speakers. They (non Irish born) choose not to go those schools.

You don’t like the outcomes, tough shit, but the opportunities are the same.

If excess demand is causing such an issue, we should possibly consider building and staffing more GS, let’s fly that kite.

Riff raff was explained to you - the common vernacular

1 Like

No they don’t. By definition they are likely not to come from Irish speaking homes.

Best of luck going to one as well if you migrate at the age of 8.

The data supports that these schools are by definition, exclusionary.

Instead these kids are going to the “regular” schools. These schools get squeezed more and more by the growth of gaelscoils with demand for high quality Irish teachers. From a wider resourcing point, the Irish Language Requirement (despite the fact that we don’t teach through Irish) means it is extremely challenging for overseas teachers to come in.

This is completely illogical when so many “Irish” have decided to carve themselves off a special home to learn Irish. It is complete madness when you consider that we don’t just allow the high quality teachers of Irish to just instruct that during their day, rather than enforce a baseline across the board.

It seems that a lot of Irish people have decided that taking kids out of regular schools and the problems of overseas students integrating is the way to go. Perhaps that gives them a short term advantage but for life generally I’d say it’s more likely they’ll end up with a more narrow perspective and fail to take advantage of skills that will actually help them in a global world.

Funny how fellas seem to think they’ve some hack on advantage (“no riff raff” :rofl:), if you want to get some genuine advantage in education then I’d have some other recommendations beyond Lycée Français. :zipper_mouth_face: