Whatsapp as gaeilge, ‘Big Gaeilge’

My ex will be devastated to not be able to see my insta story’s of pints.

2 Likes

Talks they can’t even get staff into the buildings to fix it because the security systems are tied into network services that are now unavailable.

They could possibly be stuck in a ridiculous chicken/egg scenario, whereby various dependencies are inaccessible to each other.

Throw em up on the gay beer thread and send her a link

Have they tried turning it off and on again?

14 Likes

To turn it on they need access to Y but to get access to Y they need to turn on X, but they can’t turn on X because Y is down.

Viber was like bebo before Facebook swallowed it up . In Vibers case it was WhatsApp

Wouldnt draw it on ye. Quite amusing she doesn’t follow me but sees everything I put up. Couldn’t be fuckd blocking her. Looks like Zuckerberg has that sorted now

They need Gary and his pedal operated server to save the day

1 Like

A nice coincidence that this came out today maybe??

Sounds like it’s a plug it out and wait ten seconds before plugging it back in job

Is the reporting on this not a bit bizzare?

Facebook cares more about profit than public safety? It’s a public traded company, its job is to generate profit for its shareholders.

1 Like

Thats the thing. Its responding on those ips but just not serving anything. Its not a routing issue. Its routing but not getting anything back.

Did FB ask the HSE what they did to restore the system all bar reporting information needed to be communicated to the public during a pandemic yano

2 Likes

Ah it has to have some responsibility for the shit that goes on on it’s website. Poor @Rocko would be hauled over the coals if anything dodgy happened here and he’s only making a few million a year.

Institutional investors, mate.

I reckon saoirse mchugh is behind this. She told ming she has a nude in the servers in one of the data centres. He took it literally after a few joints and torn it apart so he could tear himself apart.

FB is down almost $50 billion today

(Close on 5% of a 1000 billion market cap)

It was down a chunk before it ever crashed because of the whistleblower

Haha nerds.

4 Likes

My thoughts and. prayers are with Brenda & Nuala at this time

8 Likes