Whatsapp as gaeilge, ‘Big Gaeilge’

Back in the day you could change your message centre number to some middle Eastern number and get free texts. The only catch was they wouldn’t deliver until middle Eastern time.

The auld adds are getting savage accurate.

You’d have to plan your day ahead.

2 Likes

Insta is the one I’d keep.

Apart from Club GAA stuff which my own club were fairly late adopters to, it’s as easy to text or ring someone as use WhatsApp.

WhatsApp was great for ring friends abroad tbf

Get off your phone man.

Glory days. I was a fucking dinger at typing on the number pad. I could have been typist level.

Remember typing in ringtones and paying for ringtones :joy:

Fucking battery worked though.

BRING BACK SNAKE

1 Like

I use WhatsApp for conversations i can’t put on a company message platform

2 Likes

Prank calling people was a big thing back in those days wasn’t it which seems to have died a death in recent times

2 Likes

What a time to be alive! :joy:

A tenner would go into the phone in the morning and it would be gone by the afternoon.

1 Like

WhatsApp is not FOI’able…

I’d have my merry Christmas and also happy new year texts teed up on Vodafone webtext to be sent at 12.05 am. Multiple 8c savings.

6 Likes

When you think of the robbing they got away with lads. 13 cent a text

Fucking hell.

This is more than just FB
Apple
Vodafone

China :cn: at work

@EstebanSexface this lad seems to have it laid out very well

1 Like

Mad that one mistake could fuck three multi billion dollar operations

I fucking told them

I stopped reading fairly early there.

Anything in a data center is on an intranet and wouldn’t be affected by border routes being pulled.

If you VPN through a tunnel to an intranet you can access anything internal by IP. All DNS is, is a table of ips to host names.

Border protocols are advertising out. They got pulled on purpose after the DNS started sending out 503 errors on servers.

F.u.c.k.e.d

Earlier on people were getting 503 errors form Facebook.com. if that was a border issue you’d just get the server could not be found or something like that

Lost me at the second tweet.