When will Tipperary next win a Senior Hurling All Ireland

The only county to win an All Ireland in each of the 14 decades since the inception of the Championship in 1887.

Is that record under thread and going to come to and end in the 2020’s?

They’ll win one before Wexford or Waterford anyway.

1 Like

I feel it’s unlikely Tipperary will an All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship before July 17th, 2022.

1 Like

More likely to win the Joe before Liam

2 Likes

Its a Joe McDonagh standard panel in reality.

You couldnt hang your hat on them beating Kerry.

They have seven years yet

1 Like

Wasn’t it not Kk/ck/Tipp until the last decade, now it’s just Tipp/Kk to win AI in the last seven decades? @ChairmanDan ?

Going to be hard for Coach Bonnar to lift morale in training this week. When is this prospective relegation decider to the Joe McDonagh Cup against Kerry scheduled for?

Tipp will be back sooner than you think. They don’t accept mediocrity for too long

2 Likes

No longer than 18 years anyway.

1 Like

There were only two All Ireland
Championships in the 1880’s.
Tipperary won in 1887 and Dublin in 1889.

1 Like

And ye can fucking bookmark that

10 Likes

Going by the old “U21 win + 7 years” rule they should be there or thereabouts in 2025.

Sheedy and O’Shea will be back after another couple of managers make a mess of things.

Informative.

Brendan and Bonner Maher as selectors. An all North ticket.

You would be foolish to write Tipp off. They have to start again but hurling is a young mans game these days. Give them a couple of years and they’ll be back in the mix

1 Like

Not being smart but I think Tipp have a problem. In my lifetime Tipps successes were built around identifying an outstanding young talent(s) and building a team around them. Jimmy Doyle, Nicky English, Eoin Kelly, Paudie Maher and so on. I don’t see anyone of that level of talent on the horizon for Tipp. The young lads that are coming through are moderate hurlers in the main, who will keep Tipp competitive but won’t win them an All Ireland.

1 Like

The game today is way more about the ‘team’ than the individual. Every team has a system and systems negate the influence of the ‘star’. You need a deep squad to win all irelands. Tipp will be fine

2 Likes

You also need stars. You need marquee forwards, you need guys who dominate their patch in the backs. Perhaps more than ever.