Where are they now?

Our greatest living poet.

Youā€™re a star must have been popular on TFK, this thread is a where are they now for that.

There was.a girl from Offaly that did a great version of ā€˜they donā€™t know about usā€™ but I donā€™t recall her name

Anthony Kim

2 Likes

Donā€™t know about greatest living poet but I love his stuff. Love the style he writes in. He has a nice poem about the daffodils in fairview Park that I think about every time I cycle through there.
Iā€™d be biased on Pat though, heā€™s been in the Berlingo.

3 Likes

Trying to out lift @Batigol it appears

1 Like

I suppose the drugs didnā€™t help him or that bit where he was keeping the snakes in his house in Clontarf and they kept escaping into the neighbors

1 Like

He is gone nowhere. Adverts on the radio all the time warning people about inflation eroding their investments.
He recommends you let him erode it instead

4 Likes

I dunno. Iā€™d say Pat is happy enough. Heā€™s lived a life less ordinary. An uncle of mine used to warm up for Pat at his gigs 40 odd years ago. Theyā€™ve some stories.

Cork Kev > Dublin Kev

Cork Kev would have told these kids throwing sticky balls at the wall that it was a total waste of time

1 Like

Samantha Mumba

3 Likes

I donā€™t know either but for a while there before he became housebound he used to wander around Clontarf with his little trolley cutting a very angry and confused figure.

Breffni from the apprenticeā€¦

1 Like

Pat is a national treasure, anybody who spent any time in Dublin will know he never went away, just didnā€™t court the media, very much did things his way, I had a few chats with him on Westmorland street back in the day, a daycent skin. Heā€™s an old man now, so youā€™ll hardly hear much from him until the inevitable, then weā€™ll realise what he was.
Heā€™s a fabulous poet, Iā€™d rather read a book of his poetry than any other living Irish poet.

I honestly never heard of him.

He used to do childrens poetry on RTƉ in the afternoon. ā€œPats Hatā€ it was called. Seamus Heaney he ainā€™t.

Before my time Iā€™d say.

Los Angeles according to Instagram.

Still gets 8.8 million ā€œstreamsā€ on Spotify. I assume that makes money for her as she was #grateful for it

Freddy adu

Sheā€™s big in America or parts off it anyway

Youā€™re too young.
For a few years, probably early to mid 80s he was a household name, but heā€™s instantly recognisable and flogged his books of poetry on Westmoreland street.
His poems are about everyday things, very easy to read, heā€™s no Seamus Heaney but heā€™d hit the spot quite often, depends what you want out of your poetry. I like it,

1 Like

You could be big in one city or state alone, or even half a state in the USA, and it would set you up for life.