Where to go on a first date?

I’m asking this question in the context of the Irish culture of dating. You know, after you meet a girl in Coppers, wear the face off her and then go back to hers for drunken sex that you can’t remember. After you ring up your mate who was in Coppers with you to enquire on how she looked. After you find an unknown phone number on your nokia. Basically when you decide whether or not to turn a one night stand into something more, where do you take the girl for the first proper chat?

I always thought a few pints in Keoghs or the Bachelor would be a birds dream and ensure a second night in the sack, but apparantly girls want more from a first date nowadays with all this al fresco and Starbux culture that has come to Ireland. Things were just easier for our fathers and grandfathers, women of Ireland used to just lie down and think of Ireland, simple or what! The lack of contraception was the only problem, but you were able to enlist in the army and fook aff to the Congo while the other half looked after the ten snappers.

Fook the contraception. Ship the bitch off to the UK or mainland Europe and have them flush the sprog out of her

As regards best place for a first date, if I really wanted to make a go of it( I wouldn’t mention flushing spogs for starters), I’d go for a combination of early film at the cinema around 6ish, dinner at 8.30 then pub around 11-11.30 and then let the night play itself out.

It may seem overkill but the cinema option means that if she turns out to be a munter you’re not stuck having dinner with her if thats what you opt to start with, and can excuse yourself form the cinema and do a runner. And if she turns out to be a winner your sorted.

Pub…

load up with about 6 cans and a bottle of wine at home then meet her in the pub at 9pm earliest so you still can’t tell what she really looks like then try and lamp her out of it again. no point in going in sober cos if you can’t remember what she looks like then you can pretty much guarantee she’s fairly rough, but you don’t want to deny yourself another ride by seeing her in all her glory, puking, then doing a runner. what you don’t know can’t hurt you. works for me, i’ve been banging this bird for the last couple of months yet i couldn’t tell you the first thing about her appearance beyond the fact that she isn’t that fat. fooked if i’m giving up a tap in with nothing brighter on the horizon. in for a penny…

Abortion is murder Flano… oh bollix I hope Farmer doesn’t look at this thread!

Jug’s idea is excellent, but it just wouldn’t apeal to me, I wouldn’t want to be accused of riding a munter for months and not really knowing whether the accusation is true or not.

Abortion is not murder

It is murder. It is a disgusting procedure that should not be made freely available to women. It’s a cop out for men who are too cheap/selfish/fooking stupid to spend a few bobs on a condom. It’s a decision that the majority of women feel guilty over for the rest of their lifes while their partners couldn’t give a shit. It’s also a topic for another thread!

Fook off you gobshite or I’ll abort you. I don’t care what you think. Bumbasher

Can we get back to the topic you pair of tonys

For my latest I have gone for the Bleeding Horse. It was a fairly considered choice.

What pervert went for the cinema? What’s the point in sitting in silence with someone in total darkness watching some crap film when the idea is that you’re supposed to be checking them out / getting to know them / getting them drunk???

I’m guessing Flano opted for the cinema, given his first post.

Long time since I’ve been on a first date (in fact I’ve never been on a “date” I don’t think) but I’d be hoping for the comforts and familiarity and alcohol available in a pub environment.

I actually didn’t vote as I went for the 3 front attack. As I said, if you decide not to bother going for it leave her in the cinema.

A fake trip to the toilet after a large coke would do the trick!

Thats exactly the way to do it.

Eh, if it’s a fake trip to the toilet why would you have to drink the coke?

Because coke is refreshing!

Ah the coke must be drunk. Lull her into a false sense of security and BOOM outta there quick time.

Jugs (as he often is when it comes to women!) is spot on here. The key is to be already pi$$ed when you meet the lady in question in the pub so you won’t be able to able to appreciate properly how rough she is but also so you won’t be bored by her probably banal chat. In addition, you won’t give a scheidt what you’re saying and so you can happily be your regularly drunken self. I remember a particular instance last year when I was on my work sabattical during the Cricket World Cup and I was due to meet a bird at 8pm on the Friday night. So I went down to my local at 1.30pm for the Windies/Ireland game and I was absolutely hammered by the time I rocked up to meet her. I’ve no idea what I said to her for the next 4 hours in the pub but I did end up banging her. That’s what’s known as a result in the business.

you can’t go to a comedy club because then you will have to be as funny as the performers; most of which I would find shite.

The Zoo and all the rest are just crazy talk - I found the best way to ask a woman out is to ask her if she wants to fly a kite with you of a sunday afternoon. mathematically, if she will will do that, then she will do anything.

[quote=“DonkeyTail”]you can’t go to a comedy club because then you will have to be as funny as the performers; most of which I would find shite.

The Zoo and all the rest are just crazy talk - I found the best way to ask a woman out is to ask her if she wants to fly a kite with you of a sunday afternoon. mathematically, if she will will do that, then she will do anything.[/quote]

The last bird that Flano scored was mad for the kite flying, that right Flano?

Yeah, she was alright there Ben. :slight_smile: