Who is your favourite actor?

Brendan Gleeson.

The Treaty is a noble film

As would be The General if Martin Cahill didn’t actually exist.

??? Are you on the side of the Maud Flanders type people who moralise about “glamourising” gangsters?

Cahill was hardly a gangster in the cool sense - he was just an utter scumbag.

A good film, terrific performance by Michael Carrick’s baby, but Cahill didn’t deserve to be glamourised like that.

I always find people using the “glamourising” argument are missing the point. He ended up being scraped off the interior of his car. Not a very glamorous end.

Denzel Washington. Good shout Puke…

Ed Norton.

His performance in American History X is up there with De Niro in Raging Bull.

Jim Carey, Steve Carrell, Johnny Depp films that dont invole pirates.

Gene Hackman for his performance in the two French Connection movies.

I’d say Robert Carlyle and Christopher Eccleston purely for the chilling scene in the Hillsborough episode of Cracker but both are brilliant actors well beyond that.

[quote=“sid waddell”]Gene Hackman for his performance in the two French Connection movies.

I’d say Robert Carlyle and Christopher Eccleston purely for the chilling scene in the Hillsborough episode of Cracker but both are brilliant actors well beyond that.[/quote]

Was that the episode of Cracker where Carlyle played a demented skinhead liverpool fan?..He was superb in that alright

Yeah, Albie. Freaked me out the first time I saw it.

Tis a long time since I seen it, it was harrowing enough…Cracker was a great fucking show…

I might be slated for this but Di Caprio is a brilliant actor.

The Beach, Catch me if you can, Blood Diamond and the Aviator some great films there

Paul Newman if only for the Hustler.

Cristiano Ronaldo.

Surprised Day Lewis hasn’t got a mention yet. Some outstanding performances from him.

Penn would be my other main favourite.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I think Willis is a woeful actor to be honest. But I do like the Die Hards.
Good call on Freeman though.[/quote]

Isnt Freeman banging his step daughter?

Better in The Machinist, crazy mofo.

[quote=“Rocko”]Surprised Day Lewis hasn’t got a mention yet. Some outstanding performances from him.

Penn would be my other main favourite.[/quote]

Too right regards Daniel Day.

How the hell did I forget him