Who wasn't bugging GSOC

The sunday times ran the story yesterday morning about the phones, wifi and an interview room being tampered with with sophisticated devices. GSOC were suspicious a few months ago and had the place swept on the recommendafion of their UK counterparts. This was dine without the knowledge of shatter, callinan, the govt or g2.

Scary stuff indeed when you consider that the tech used s supposedly only available to govts. The other worrying in this, as i mentioned in the woeful journalism thread, was the failure of the mainstream media to pick up on the story until they couldnt ignore it any longer.

This one has the potential to be massive

I doubt there’s anything in it.
More like the firm that did they security sweep put in a few hypothetical scenarios to justify their huge fee.
Stuff like “it’s possible there may have been surveillance due to x,y & z” without any actual concrete evidence.

it was the pigs, any half wit could work that out

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 901272, member: 1786”]I doubt there’s anything in it.
More like the firm that did they security sweep put in a few hypothetical scenarios to justify their huge fee.
Stuff like “it’s possible there may have been surveillance due to x,y & z” without any actual concrete evidence.[/quote]

It was also revealed that a second wi-fi system had been used to similarly access material sent and stored electronically by Gsoc staff. That wi-fi led investigators to an internet protocol (IP) address in the UK

when you say the UK where exactly do you mean? the 6 counties?

They didn’t mention anything like that on the radio this morning.
If they were indeed bugged then it must have been the cops? Who else would be interested in their work?

its quoted from the article so i cant say. How does a rabidly republican such as yourself live and extol the virtues of queens land

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 901279, member: 1786”]They didn’t mention anything like that on the radio this morning.
If they were indeed bugged then it must have been the cops? Who else would be interested in their work?[/quote]

no one,it has to have been the cops, they are corrupt

I think it was TASE that had a very profound poem about corruption within the Gardai.
Started with something like “hey diddle, diddle”

we will be a republic before Oireland

John Mitchel CSC

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 901284, member: 1786”]I think it was TASE that had a very profound poem about corruption within the Gardai.
Started with something like “hey diddle, diddle”[/quote]

:clap:

What is GSOC?

Garda Ombudsman

[quote=“artfoley, post: 901270, member: 179”]The sunday times ran the story yesterday morning about the phones, wifi and an interview room being tampered with with sophisticated devices. GSOC were suspicious a few months ago and had the place swept on the recommendafion of their UK counterparts. This was dine without the knowledge of shatter, callinan, the govt or g2.

Scary stuff indeed when you consider that the tech used s supposedly only available to govts. The other worrying in this, as i mentioned in the woeful journalism thread, was the failure of the mainstream media to pick up on the story until they couldnt ignore it any longer.

This one has the potential to be massive[/quote]
Was it known before the Sunday Times ran with it? I presumed it was just a ST scoop as opposed to something ignored by others but I’ve only heard a few bits and pieces on the radio.

It seems like a huge story though - governments have been brought down over less.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 901303, member: 1”]Was it known before the Sunday Times ran with it? I presumed it was just a ST scoop as opposed to something ignored by others but I’ve only heard a few bits and pieces on the radio.

It seems like a huge story though - governments have been brought down over less.[/quote]
In fairness if it was an FF government the media would be in a frenzy. FG traditionally get a free pass in matters security, mainly because they are the political wing of an Garda Siochana.

If this does in fact develop into a bigger story we will need to amend the thread title as its buggimg the shit out of me.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 901279, member: 1786”]They didn’t mention anything like that on the radio this morning.
If they were indeed bugged then it must have been the cops? Who else would be interested in their work?[/quote]

Journalists would be interested. Everyone loves a dirty cop story, or the cops are stonewalling an enquiry into them battering someone. Although it would be a huge step for journalists to start hacking or bugging… oh wait now.

It was definitely the guards though.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 901303, member: 1”]Was it known before the Sunday Times ran with it? I presumed it was just a ST scoop as opposed to something ignored by others but I’ve only heard a few bits and pieces on the radio.

It seems like a huge story though - governments have been brought down over less.[/quote]

The online version of the story went up at midnight so rte sat on it til the 9pm news. Think the story went on the irish times around 7pm. While the story has been framed so you can only come to one conclusion as to the culprits, its damning of both shatter and callinan that its easily believable

@Fagan ODowd what was the reaction at the time when the kennedy/arnold story broke?

But why did GSOC sit on the story themselves? If they genuinely believed they were being bugged they surely would have gone to someone about it?

Difficult to go to the Guards when they are the ones bugging you.