Who will be the next Limerick manager?

Does @Mac Know it?

Break it to him gently.

score

Very high possibility they would do significantly better.

The only issue with the best coaches getting high profile jobs in GAA is are they sellable to the public. It has to be a consideration when picking one. That does not mean you pick a jackass just cos he was a good player but they have to have a name or have significant club success.

1 nil to the good guys,
There’s a thread dedicated to the super blues Joe if you can tear yourself away from the hurling threads.

1 Like

This never gets old[quote=“ChocolateMice, post:623, topic:20525, full:true”]
The Kellys from Mullinahone?
[/quote]

Yes

Janey.

Jaysus

Be the hokey!

Ollie is not being touted as a manager or coach, but as a selector.

The mention of Dodge as the 4th man is interesting but probably a non-runner. He seems to have had a very positive influence over the group and it is precisely because he has been so recently a player himself that he is being mooted.

I also heard mention of Ger Cunningham today (the Limerick one who can actually coach teams) though I had thought that ship had sailed.

Favourites for job are still Daly as manager, Alan Cunningham as selector/coach and 2 others as selectors. I’m not a fan of this ticket.

Ollie and Dodge. Ye’re taking a leaf out of Munster Rugby’s book on how to give jobs to the old boys.

Corks Ger Cunningham is an excellent coach you moron. He just isn’t very good at Managing. Suppose i should not expect you to know the difference.

No spelling errors of note, did you trim down a bit mate? The fingers not plodding off the keypad anymore. Well done lad.

Ger Cunningham of Cork wouldn’t train a bird to shit compared to the Knockainey version. He made a fine job of Dublin in fairness, or was that because he was given the wrong title/not a manager/any other such bolloxology. Their Hurling didn’t look too hectic at any rate.

Derek Lyng brought straight in by Cody after retirement = brilliant/superb/genius move by Cody to involve a recently retired player. What’s the difference here. McGarry had only slightly more experience if I’m not mistaken

Lyng retired after 2010 and joined the management set up for the 2014 season. He wasn’t parachuted straight in as soon as he retired

4 Likes

Lets just select a manager and get him to put his coaching/selector team together. Putting guys in positions because they are nice guys is one of the reasons we are shit at winning things.

Select a manager and let him manage the fuckin thing. Not what goes on at the moment with the Co Board or other people trying to backseat manage.

1 Like

Can’t imagine anyone being overly excited about Alan Cunningham getting the coaching role.

Point taken about time frame but the point on experience etc still stands

Fully agree, but this rarely happens. I’m not back seat managing either, just saying what I’m being told from a decent source.