Why is rooral Oireland so determined to hold the country back?

This is a very odd thread. I have to say as someone who left Ireland many years ago, but visits often, I simply can’t wait to get off the M50 and head west. I’d say I’ve spend no more than a few weeks total in Dublin in my life, and no worse for wear. Strange crowd.

You’d want your head examined to live in Dublin or its environs. Nice in parts of the center but good luck driving anywhere. Can’t understand logic of pumping more money into it, it’s already clusterfucked.

5 Likes

When my British friends ask me how long it takes to get to Dublin city centre on the train from the airport its very embarrassing having to tell them there is none, real 3rd world shit, like some banana republic in west Africa

Exactly. I landed in Dublin the morning of the AI final and took a cab to Drumcondra. About half way there I just out and walked. Public transport is about the same level as when the English left.

Never knew you grew up in Lucan.

None in Edinburgh either. Isn’t that a capital city on the mainland?

Super service in London alright. Just jump on the Heathrow express and 15 minute later your in town. 40 fucking pounds later. Bend over there mister business traveller the heathrow express is incoming

40 quid? you mug :rofl: book online in advance and its around a tenner, jesus, the mick with the cheap suit and brown shoes coming over getting fleeced buying tickets on the day :joy:

5 Likes

I’ve never paid more than 25 even on the day. What kind of roaster gets ripped off to that extent?

1 Like

A lad with a gaa headband tied to his briefcase in case he loses it on the plane

8 Likes

The poor lad with his ‘trip home’ booked 12 months in advance and few quid put away from the dole each week, then spends the fortnight tapping for a few euro. :grinning:
I’d be shocked if @gilgamboa was paying for his own train, you boys really live in different worlds.

:joy::joy: he only lives on the mainland but we inhabit different worlds true enough. A bidnessman dont know where he is gonna be from one day to the next.

Pre book the tickets :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Edinburgh is a backwater like Dublin. It drives the micks ape when you point it out that you basically have to thumb it into Dublin from the airport

A proper businessman wouldn’t be complaining about 40 pound ffs :rofl:

A proper bidnessman is always focused on costs. Like your boss when he says “oi paddy dig that ole and no slacking off mate”

6 Likes

Shithead.

Ah stop now. You have been badly caught out here. Paddy arriving into Heathrow asking for directions and getting fleeced right and left

Edinburgh isn’t s capital . In 2014 there was a referendum thingy and the Scots shat it .

Amateur hour.

:smile::slight_smile:

Melbourne isnt really on the coast mate, as you’d know if you’d ever been there. The city itself straddles the river inland.