Why is rooral Oireland so determined to hold the country back?

Dublin already has the canals (cc @Bandage) and the prostitutes (cc @Bandage) no reason it cant be the amsterdam of the west.

2 Likes

Delivered 8 years behind schedule and billions of dollars of cost overuns, why oh why won’t rural TDs back similar projects in Dublin.

2 Likes

There is no reason the Apple experience in Cork couldnt be replicated again. If a facebook type decided to set up in limerick or galway they would have no problem finding the talent. The vast majority of the staff particulalry those coming from overseas would have little issue living outside of Dublin.

1 Like

I find it leads to very efficient living. Having that extra non commute time to think and plan gives us a serious edge on our counterparts.

A varied and healthy meal planner leading to a wonderfully executed weekly shop trip with only a midweek trip to top up on fresh veg and fruit. Meanwhile the corner boys will be dragging their tired bodies to the local euro spar every evening pulling some premade shit down off the shelves, if their brain fog only lifted for a brief moment they’d understand this stuff is killing them but orban life doesn’t allow these fleeting glimpses of self examination.

I look forward to a healthy and vibrant TFK future and whilst I do wish the same for all my e-brethren I think deep down the likes of myself and Gman realise that we’ll lose alot of these orban folk along the way.

7 Likes

Absolute tosh. Stop talking out of your hole.

You really are pig ignorant.

They are flocking to Ballincollig in their droves. And word is some major American tech is coming here now instead of Dublin.
Ballincollig Is full of foreign nationals. Qualified people. Not to mention the dubs moving to Cork for specific jobs, or people from all parts of Ireland.

Little Island had picked up another few major projects recently

These companies don’t want their employees killing themselves in traffic and having a shit lifestyle. It goes against their whole work culture.

2 Likes

This is happening

1 Like

Running along orban 30N concrete paths whilst giving some wonderful short term benefits is a long term disaster, enjoy the arthritis mate.

I might chance a trail run later myself later.

1 Like

And drug addicts. Don’t forget the drug addicts.

I agree with @Tim_Riggins 100% - Dublin, Cork, Limerick need separate budgets, investment, development and governance to the rest of (rural) Ireland. It’s a no brainer…

Great post, and I say that as a lifetime urban dweller.

1 Like

@gilgamboa I’m not sure what you’re arguing against here but the point of this plan is to create critical mass in a number of select cities to enable exactly this. Critical mass (like pharma cluster in Cork or Medtech in Galway) requires focus and significant infrastructure spending though. Hence, every town can’t get a little bit of something.

This isn’t bad for them though - they’ll benefit from more balanced and possibly stronger growth in the country along with a strong city with good and varied jobs and major infrastructure much nearer than Dublin.

Sounds like hell.

I’ve a good friend that worked in health services in rural Ireland - The amount of degenerative disease, and mental and physical disability due to inbreeding is off the charts - Isolation is bad bro - despite all the fresh air and ripe tomatoes in the world.

cc @backinatracksuit

Ah the good old slow train to Wicklow town. It must go about 40km an hour. Frequency is shocking as well. Could easily extend the DART from Greystones down to there & beyond. Tracks already there so it couldn’t cost that much.

you live in limerick mate?

It’s a bit quicker now. Only having 1 track south of Bray is the problem. Could do with a 3rd line North of Bray then for trains that aren’t Darts. No fucking room for it though

Ah but you get a much better class of immune system out the back of beyonds.

Tis great being a roaster.

1 Like

Kev the traffic situation in Cork is shockingly bad at the moment. It can take a half an hour just to leave little island some days. A half an hour to leave a fucking industrial estate. If you are coming in from Dunkettle travelling west there are frequently 2 mile tailbacks some mornings.Cork is not able to support in terms of housing and infrastructure to support any new companies. There is a huge lack of houses available and the few that are there are commanding rental prices far in excess of what it would cost to drawdown a mortgage on same house. Rent prices in Cork are now in excess of what they were in Dublin during the celtic tiger era. When a house in Glanworth is fetching €1000 a month you know things are bad.

2 Likes

@johnnysachs is writing up a 20 minute piece of pure thunder here. He’s gonna wipe the floor with half the board…