Why is rooral Oireland so determined to hold the country back?

I had to go for a toilet break Choco I had so much venom to spew.

1 Like

Ye’ve a new light rail system on the way. The (Horse &) CART.

1 Like

I’ve often wondered how much would it cost to put a tunnel under the dart line for the non-Dart services. Like literally under it, not 30 feet down or whatever so no great tunnelling costs. Just the ten feet or so that would be required. The congestion on the lines seems to be the main issue with the shite speed of the DART services and the shite frequency of the non Dart services.

think of it as Mrs O Sullivans villa in spain, only its in Wexford. a blissful haven pal. you should take a break sometime and find your inner roaster and relax in the countryside.

1 Like

Post for yourself, mate.

1 Like

I don’t think any of that relates back to @KinvarasPassion’s post, of course it’s a bit of a miserable shithole in general but he’s doing it the right way, his point about gobshitesdown in the spar binging on deli food and processed garbage through convenience was well made

You’re just lucky your life partner has a better paid job than you do

3 Likes

Ya little island is bad. They are building a flyover apparently. You are right. But the word is the politicians have promised the yanks infrastructure changes.

Hence though another reason Ballincollig is so attractive. There is a load of building going on here. And roads in are easy. Congested around school times alright but generally ok. Decent enough inner road system now

The housing is kicking in too. My business landlord has cranked up his building business (they are QS) for 1st time since 09. They have the promise of a load of public housing.

And?

Infrastructure takes time. The Big Dig has transformed Boston, opening up new public parks, development space and helping the environment.

Are we saying planning issues are unique to urban infrastructure projects? Are we forgetting the Corrb Gas line, the Apple Data Centre…?

Cities are inevitable. Dublin competes with the world for investment. The smaller cities on a less great scale but everything feeds out of the larger city.

This is just inevitable.

I wonder why they don’t.

Apple are not doing what Facebook or Google do in Dublin.

That’s happening in every rural small town also, bud. The centra in Kinvara cant stay stocked in rolls and hot chicken.

@Mac, @Tim_Riggins, @tallback, what do you make of the aforementioned plethora of developments (overwhelmingly commercial) nearing completion from Spencer Dock down to the 3 Arena, back across to Sir John Rogerson’s Quay and into Grand Canal Dock?

Why the need to build these huge office blocks when nearly everyone will be working remotely / from home within the next 10 years anyway? It seems baffling to me that all these commercial properties are being built when there should be much more residential construction in central Dublin.

Even if cunts are still needed to report physically to work in these places, they’ve nowhere to live nearby and the area will be even more of a soulless Canary Wharf type place where people commute in and out but it’ll be completely dead at weekends.

This could be a vibrant part of the city. But the only people keeping it going at weekends are auld wans coming up from the country on buses to attend musicals in the Bord Gais Theatre, lads strolling around in shorts and flip flops in deepest winter who live in €4K per month apartments paid for by their multinational employers and middle management businessmen whose more successful life partners can afford to live in glorious penthouse apartments with wrap around balconies allowing for views of Dublin Port, Dublin Mountains, Ringsend Bus Garage and the wake boarding place at Grand Canal Dock.

10 Likes

I think you’ve summed up my thoughts there mate. Poorly connected to rest of Dublin bar the Dart. A commuting nightmare in and out. 2 bridges nearby which can’t handle the volumes. As an employer, unless you’re getting a massive tax break, I couldn’t see the benefit of locating there unless you want to have a depressed workforce.

1 Like

Working remotely is no sure thing, not for everyone.

Population will continue to grow regardless.

The reason why office blocks and hotels are being build to beat the band as they are the only way to make serious money.

There is zoning for 10s of thousands of residential units in Dublin but costs are prohibitive.

Why every apartment block requires a parking space for example, when ones in the city centre are often lived in by people with no cars.

:grinning::grinning::grinning::smiley:

in Brisbane, when new apartment blocks are built, we put in spaces for Go Cars or whatever the equivalent is in Oz

Its the way forward

Have you been there?

Best park in ireland

park?

Great idea.

The Government are scrapping the rule which is fantastic.

The irony is that the people who probably thought they were “helping people”s lives” will moan about global warming and the likes. You disincentivise developers to build upwards by demanding car parking spaces and force people to live further away from where they work. Leading to them driving to work and for longer distances.

While we’re on the environment, rooral Ireland should take the hit for the bulk of any fines Ireland gets in the coming years. Between the livestock and their one off housing that requires them to drive further, they are destroying the world.

I see they watered down their plan for once off housing to be eliminated

fuckin self serving cunts

sooner we have lab grown meat the better

1 Like