Wicklow/Micklow

you are saying it’s nothing New to them ?

2 Likes

Spot on, on both fronts.

Not much to see there is there? Nobody’s beating up any of the kids, a bit of a brawl, nothing too far out of the ordinary

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s not acceptable. Kids should not have to witness that .

6 Likes

Ah stop. Grown men running around after young lads

Looks like big heifer in the boots was doing most of the instigating

Looks like they’re running after each other, it’s obviously out of order but it’s hardly worth much comment, happens all over from time to time

If it happens all over it certainly is worth comment and shouldn’t be normalised.

Its the clubs fault and they can’t punish the kids. The adult teams should be banned from competing.

I’ve been involved with underage teams for over 10 years now in Wexford, I’ve never seen the like of that. Parents/spectators should never enter the field of play, as for those coaches…

7 Likes

Easily the biggest underachievers in gaa I’d say? In terms of success relative to population

1 Like

Happens everywhere. Looks like a row on the walk back to dressing room after a match more than people entering the field.

Parents shouldn’t get that worked up over a kids match

Parents shouldn’t start fights and most certainly shouldn’t fight in front of children

21 Likes

They shouldn’t but they do …

Would appear to be the Wexford border side Carnew in the blue and gold jerseys. A quick google suggests that they were playing Kilcoole and it was U15’s.

1 Like

Correct

Too many mothers at that match. “He hit my child” I don’t think they are temperamentally suited to spectating at events their children are playing in. Too protective.
I don’t think my mother ever saw me play a match and we were both much the better for it. I’d say the only women at our matches were Mag Mount Sion and her sidekick Peggy Robinson. They went to virtually every Mount Sion game at every age level, smoked like chimneys throughout and as a consequence wouldn’t have been able to raise a breath to get into a row.

5 Likes

Good to see the misogynists out and about putting down a 7/7 full week …

My mother often attends my matches and has never got in any bother. Usually a solid enough cohort of GAA women in attendance. To be fair I don’t get involved in any filth on the pitch to ignite anything.

2 Likes

Would have been great if this sort of storyline had been incorporated into Glenroe.

Biddy running around like a mad yoke, Miley standing there with a panicked look on his face, Dinny getting a heart attack.

4 Likes