Wigan Athletic Supporters Thread

ESPN promoting the fact that they will be ‘advert free between full time and lifting of the trophy’ in their coverage of the FA Cup final.

Obviously trying to get viewers from ITV on this basis.

Who cares?

I just hope the inevitable bandwagon jumpers don’t stop true Wigan fans like me, Scrunchie, carryharry and mick jones from getting tickets for the final. It’ll be incredible seeing us play at Wembley in an FA Cup Final. I hope the great Dave Whelan leads the team out.

It would be very, very, funny if he fell and broke his leg as he led them out at Wembley.

I bet you’re feeling pretty sore about being so easily led astray with regards to this wonderful man & team. We are gonna do it for all the haters. Sidney will you sort out the flights etc please?

I was thinking of doing a sail and rail. That way we can get the party started early.

As a former resident of this wonderful town, I’m signing in. C’man the pie eaters.

Our Big Cup Final has been set for 5.15 on Saturday the 11th of May.

The bunting is out and me Gran is busy knitting scarves for the big day.

[quote=“Scrunchie, post: 760484, member: 1408”]Our Big Cup Final has been set for 5.15 on Saturday the 11th of May.

The bunting is out and me Gran is busy knitting scarves for the big day.[/quote]
Ask her to knit me a sick bag as opposed to a scarf please mate.

[quote=“Scrunchie, post: 760484, member: 1408”]Our Big Cup Final has been set for 5.15 on Saturday the 11th of May.

The bunting is out and me Gran is busy knitting scarves for the big day.[/quote]

Does this mean there’s a round of league games the week after?

The FA Cup Final should ALWAYS be the showpiece event that signals the END of OUR domestic season.

It should also kick-off at 3pm.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 760538, member: 9”]Does this mean there’s a round of league games the week after?

The FA Cup Final should ALWAYS be the showpiece event that signals the END of OUR domestic season.

It should also kick-off at 3pm.[/quote]
And be broadcast live on BBC with a six-hour build up including Celebrity Cup Final Mastermind and Celebrity Cup Final six-a-side with teams managed by Bruce Forsyth and Jimmy Tarbuck.

Indeed. A behind the scenes piece with both sides showing them filming their Cup Final song. And one player introducing his team-mates and so on.

Tense times for us Wigan fans as we try to hang onto a 0-0 at Eastlands against the champions.

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/181453/1/watch-manchester-city-vs-wigan-athletic.html

Oh no.

A strike of supreme quality from Carlitos. A really magnificent goal.

Ah fuck.

Get in. Aboy Carlos.

That’s tough on the Latics. Scharner heads against the bar and Citeh go up the other end and Tevez wins it.

FACT: Wigan’s team cost less than Tevez’s annual salary.

Disappointing to leave the home of the champions with nothing but that extra bit of class told in the end. Nevertheless the selection of Joleon Lescott as Man of the Match speaks volumes as to how we took the game to them. A lot to for Bobby and the boys to take from that performance before our next match against West Ham on Saturday, when I’ve no doubt that famous Wigan fighting spirit will once again be in evidence (now that we’re well past March 1st). A mention for our seven fans at Eastlands tonight - they made themselves heard in a big way.

[quote=“Scrunchie, post: 760898, member: 1408”]That’s tough on the Latics. Scharner heads against the bar and Citeh go up the other end and Tevez wins it.

FACT: Wigan’s team cost less than Tevez’s annual salary.[/quote]

Scharners effort was offside though.

[quote=“Scrunchie, post: 760898, member: 1408”]That’s tough on the Latics. Scharner heads against the bar and Citeh go up the other end and Tevez wins it.

FACT: Wigan’s team cost less than Tevez’s annual salary.[/quote]
Scharns is a folk hero around Wigan way.

I’m delighted to announce by the way that I’ve lined up a pre-FA Cup Final brunch for the Official TFK Wigan Supporters Club (TFKWSC) with the bass player from The Verve and the brother of legendary former Wigan Warriors rugby player Terry Newton. That’s the kind of perk that comes with being involved with TFK’s newest and best club.