Will Cork be saved ? Celtic fc giving them a dig out

from the muldoon forum

Just back from Court, sorry if it’s posted already but -

Revenue are still playing hard ball. Judge Laffoy is urging them to take instructions and suggesting (as much as she can) that they change their stance. If they don’t and insist on it all then Cork are gone.

Judge even went as far as to say to counsel for the revenue that it wouldn’t be seen as soft if the revenue accepted the offer as Cork had gone to serious lengths. She doesn’t want to wind them up but her hands may be tied.

Cork had in court:

• 210k in bank drafts;
  • 10k credit with revenue
  • letter from CEO of Celtic confirming friendly;
  • letter from Delaney saying the FAI will run the friendly including ticket sales and they’ll pay all monies directly to revenue. It also said that future prize money would be held back from Cork and paid to the revenue;
  • letter from Evening Echo confirming they’ll pay 11k in sponsorship not due until 30th September;
  • letter from Heineken saying they’ll pay 25k in sponsorship not due til later in the year.

You at least have a shot now which I didn’t think you would. Back to 12.55 to see what revenue want to do.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]from the muldoon forum

Just back from Court, sorry if it’s posted already but -

Revenue are still playing hard ball. Judge Laffoy is urging them to take instructions and suggesting (as much as she can) that they change their stance. If they don’t and insist on it all then Cork are gone.

Judge even went as far as to say to counsel for the revenue that it wouldn’t be seen as soft if the revenue accepted the offer as Cork had gone to serious lengths. She doesn’t want to wind them up but her hands may be tied.

Cork had in court:

• 210k in bank drafts;
  • 10k credit with revenue
  • letter from CEO of Celtic confirming friendly;
  • letter from Delaney saying the FAI will run the friendly including ticket sales and they’ll pay all monies directly to revenue. It also said that future prize money would be held back from Cork and paid to the revenue;
  • letter from Evening Echo confirming they’ll pay 11k in sponsorship not due until 30th September;
  • letter from Heineken saying they’ll pay 25k in sponsorship not due til later in the year.

You at least have a shot now which I didn’t think you would. Back to 12.55 to see what revenue want to do.[/QUOTE]

Theyve made a good fist of trying to get it sorted to be fair, the revenue are going to come out of this looking like a right shower of bastards if they dont settle for whats on offer,in any case if they dont they will surely end up with a lot less in the till as a result.

How much is owed?

Revenue are screwing them to the wall. They’ve made a fuck up, they’re trying to sort it out, give them some time and focus your attentions elsewhere you shower of cunts.

I have experience of these cunts, if you rub them up the wrong way they can be petty and vindictive in the extreme, similar to a garda in the traffic corps.

Cark Ciddee will be saved until they have to be saved again in the next year or two. Im betting that RoyKeanesIpswichTown, who will surely be in the premiership at that stage, will swoop in with a friendly and a couple of signings for derisory amounts that will stave off closure for another year or two.

Its a very sad situation, but its hard to give out about revenue. We all would be down their necks if they were leaving a property developer off.
City have made a huge effort to sort it out, but Coughlans arrogance and controlling personality is still a major stumbling block. In fairness he’s writing off 750k of his own money, but he still wants control after this is all sorted, if its sorted.

It would be terrible if they go under, they gave me many a good friday night or sunday evening back in the day, and a few great away trips as well. But if you don’t stay within the rules this is whats going to happen.

Its not with glee i say this, but i did predict this with Coughlan months ago. He’s an ape of the highest order. There is a good few players from my parish have played with City over the years, and the stories of the owners has always been bad to hilarious. City have always had good managers though, if they ever got good owner and manager at the same time god knows what they could achieve.

The marketing of sport in Cork is disgraceful.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Its a very sad situation, but its hard to give out about revenue. We all would be down their necks if they were leaving a property developer off.
City have made a huge effort to sort it out, but Coughlans arrogance and controlling personality is still a major stumbling block. In fairness he’s writing off 750k of his own money, but he still wants control after this is all sorted, if its sorted.

It would be terrible if they go under, they gave me many a good friday night or sunday evening back in the day, and a few great away trips as well. But if you don’t stay within the rules this is whats going to happen.

Its not with glee i say this, but i did predict this with Coughlan months ago. He’s an ape of the highest order. There is a good few players from my parish have played with City over the years, and the stories of the owners has always been bad to hilarious. City have always had good managers though, if they ever got good owner and manager at the same time god knows what they could achieve.

The marketing of sport in Cork is disgraceful.[/QUOTE]

fcuk them…a cork cunt is a cork cunt… whether it be in turners cross , pairc ui ring, pairc ui coimh,the mardyke or musgrave park…:thumbsup:

Cork City FC has today lost its appeal against an order for the winding up of the club.

The order was made after the High Court was informed that no agreement was reached between Cork City Investment and the Revenue Commissioners to satisfy its debt, which is claimed to be of approximately €439,000.

It has until 4pm to appeal to the Supreme Court.

they have appealed to the Supreme Court. CCFC are paying for the sins of past LOI football clubs shiting all over the revenue I’m afraid. Best thing that can happen is to let them fold and let FORAS come in a set up a parttime operation, they’ll be back in the premier division within 2 yrs.

ALBERT. What the fuck?

Talk about flogging a dead horse.
Couglan is turning cork city (aka kilcoyne our hero) into kebab meat at this stage.
I can only assume the cork people are thick as shit to be letting this charlatan treat their club with quite obvious contempt.
rather than take their losses and reform, under whatever guise, but at least in control of the reins, they are falling for every half arsed empty promise this clown is spouting.
The revenue and the courts see this cunt for what he is . a chancer.
ergo… no amount of appeals,promises,condtions is gonna save cork city now.

[quote=“josepi73”]Talk about flogging a dead horse.
Couglan is turning cork city (aka kilcoyne our hero) into kebab meat at this stage.
I can only assume the cork people are thick as shit to be letting this charlatan treat their club with quite obvious contempt.
rather than take their losses and reform, under whatever guise, but at least in control of the reins, they are falling for every half arsed empty promise this clown is spouting.
The revenue and the courts see this cunt for what he is . a chancer.
ergo… no amount of appeals,promises,condtions is gonna save cork city now.[/quote]

I just noticed your signature. :smiley:

whats wrong with ya?

Talk about asking the unanswerable question.

rumour of a deal being hammered out as we speak to keep the club alive for a short while anyways.

City has been saved. So shove that up your hole Josepi.

Well done Jim McCarthy and the people of Cork.:smiley:

If the weather improves at all tonight would be a good night in the Cross.:smiley:

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]City has been saved. So shove that up your hole Josepi.

If the weather improves at all tonight would be a good night in the Cross.:D[/QUOTE]

Thinly veiled " I’m a sunshine supporter".

What is it about people from Munster only going to games if it’s not raining?

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]City has been saved. So shove that up your hole Josepi.

If the weather improves at all tonight would be a good night in the Cross.:D[/QUOTE]

FORAS need to take the reigns & not that gombeen coughlan

Coughlan our hero