With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

I was talking to a fella yesterday who is paying €2350 a month for a two bed house in Mungret :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

fack me…

He must be playing senior hurling now.

70 of those houses in Mungret gate went up for rent last week and all gone now. He is in one of them. That’s some income and I assume some are bigger/more expensive

There’s been around ten properties to rent in the entire city any time I’ve looked on Daft out of curiosity.

Will be worth a lot once DART West is in action. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

2 Likes

Surely not :flushed:

How much would a 2 bed in mungret cost to buy

You’d get a 500k mortgage for that

Similar one up on daft at the moment, only its an apartment. Insane money.

You’d want your head examined really.

1 Like

That’s fucking criminal

2 Likes

It genuinely is.

1 Like

Standard to low in Dublin for a decent 2 bed on the open market.

It isn’t in Dublin is kind of the main point here I spose

3 Likes

Only a 15% differential in wages and salaries between Dublin and the rest of the country.

Market in Limerick is insane at the moment. Nowhere at all to rent

It’s in there the house is afaik. They aren’t selling any of them. All for rent. Sure why would you sell them with that kind of income

2 Likes

They’ll be a real shortage of gaffs in Limerick once the Eli Lilly expansion really kicks off.

The contractors can’t get the workers here and they’re bringing over lads from the UK and the Philippines and they need somewhere to house them.

The rental market is completely broken. I’d guess that the mortgage for that apartment is less than half that per month. Maybe 40%.

Awful for young people trying to get going in life. Its not like you’re walking distance from the city centre either there. Its probably a 15 euro cab into town. Crazy.

1 Like

May as well make 30k per annum on rental until we get to fleece the yanks in 2027