With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

They were glory days before everything was plugged into your phone.

I have Teams etc on the work phone set up for quiet time so no notifications between 6pm - 8am. The phone may as well be a paper weight.

2 Likes

Half my working week consists of talking shite to everyone I meet. Its beyond remarkable the work I get through around it. Having a good interpersonal relationship helps when pulling strokes to get a job done avoiding all the usual bs

2 Likes

Lot of companies to core hours 10 to 4…no meetings outside de these times… My boss does 80 hours a week and makes every effort not to bother us out of hiurs… So the core hours doesn’t work. I ring my boss at 10 am every sunday for an hour… Its worth a half day of them during the week

I get loads of lieue time instead of these hours but never take them really

2 Likes

80 hours a week is madness.

There is no money worth that. Lifes too short.

4 Likes

Did we :thinking:?

1 Like

Just do as @Spidey tells you

2 Likes

I’d say he gets paid a quarter of a mill a year… Plus pension… You don’t need to be at that for long

1 Like

Does he really though? I hear alot of this stuff but if you do the analysis thats give or take… 14 hours a day, 6 days a week…

He’s a fucking idiot if he is and I’d say he actually working less than 60 really if he’s honest.

5 Likes

Is the role incredibly demanding and complex or is he/she ineffiecient and wasting time?

I suppose if he/she is working flat out for that time as well needs to be considered.

Either way, 80 hours a week is nuts whatever the remuneration is.

Work phone with teams thrown into the drawer at 6 fri and looked at 9 mon. If I work late during the week if it’s on the laptop I answer. I still leave my jacket on the chair in case the company laptop webcam is recording my every move and thinks I may have knocked off for the day.

2 Likes

Oh. Have that Q1 report ready by May pal

1 Like

I’d say 80 is low water… He more than anyome realises the folly… But he makes a lot of decisions and he keeps a big business on the road

Yes

1 Like

From my perspective, we probably wouldn’t have bought in south Dublin Bay North electoral constituency in late 2’18 had we known what lay ahead with the pandemic and move to wfh.

We were both working in pretend IRA territory, didn’t want any commute hassle and so focused on being close to the DART line to spin in and out. I used to leave my desk at 5.30pm and would be home for the Angelus bells.

I’ve been working in my place for 4 years and the CEO was dead set against wfh. It’s gas looking back, it was completely frowned upon and it wasn’t even factored into work policies/procedures. The MD that we reported into was a bit of a procedures/company man and he was wary of yer man’s stance. People would feel awkward saying they needed to wfh for a morning because of this or that.

Ultimately it was tolerated on an informal basis. We were “allowed” to wfh if we really needed to, but were told not to take advantage of it. That translated into most people wfh around 2 times per month and so 20-25 times per year. Unsurprisingly, things have ticked along fine since last March with everyone wfh.

I’d say we’ll be back 3/2 or 2/3 towards the end of the year and I wouldn’t mind that. We could move house and the travel would be manageable. More importantly, a Friday curry (half rice/half chips) and a Bailey’s Coffee in the 51 are much missed. A little concern is that our office might be deemed too big or expensive in the new world, and they could move to a cheaper/grimmer building outside the city centre where you won’t be in a position to catch up with friends at lunchtime or after work anyway.

4 Likes

You really think someone that is prepared to work 80 hours a week just decides to stop and pack it in early ? That’s a lifestyle choice.

You should be bringing the chisellers up in the south east pal…you’d be up to Dublin for the two days work in no time …

1 Like

You must have a fine long lunch on a Friday if your going from the IFSC to the 51 and back. :grinning:

1 Like

He’s a simp mate it’s not his fault

The 51 was the only carvery in Dublin that ever met my roaster father’s standards. He was asked if he wanted beef, chicken or bacon and he said yes to all. And plenty of spuds too.

5 Likes