With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

I’m not understanding this. O Dea is in a company providing social housing which is being bought by state based housing vendors. Why is this an issue that he’s getting shit over? The state needs houses, these social housing companies pay developers or construction companies to give them an end product that they can use for people who need affordable or social housing.

2 Likes

Is this bit a bit odd?
The construction company and the housing body are basically the same company? Are the government subsiding the housing body to buy their own houses ?

1 Like

that may explain the outrage over it so

1 Like

Social housing on the Condell road… Oh. My. Gawd.

Is that the on built on the floor plain?

1 Like

Spot on

6 Likes

Yep. There’s actually meant to be two developments of social housing opposite each other on the same stretch of the Condell Road. They may as well build the ones on the river side on stilts.

1 Like

A 300 odd unit development in Gorey was turned down by an bord pleanala after the council had approved it.

It’s the difference between twitter and reality.

It’s a crisis for a minority of people, its not for the majority, who are actually firmly against building near them.

Fucked I am. I’ll never be able to afford anything in Ireland unless my luck turns in the next few years. I could tap up one of the Caseys.
Had a look in my price range in Mayo last night and never saw a list of more depressing, badly furnished, in the middle of nowhere houses in my life. Same with Kerry. Seems to be no class in furnishing the houses.
Cork had a better class of a house alright, and a really nice one in the city went last week, sale agreed. Twas lovely. All you needed to do was walk in the door, it was in great condition, and whoever owned it had good taste.
Mobile home it will be for me…

1 Like

You can move in with that bird who plays the harp. Looked a nice caravan

1 Like

Let them eat commercial property.

Bit misleading that photo though. Tis all wan lot going up at the same time

1 Like

You do realise that the owners of the houses will take their furnishings with them and then you bring in your own when you buy the house, right?

1 Like

They hardly take the gawdy carpets and kitchen fittings with them…

With inflation and interest rates about to explode you’d be mad to buy a house now.

1 Like

Once you’re smart about where you buy and you’re happy there, the macro shite doesnt matter really mate.

Lock in a decent fixed rate, its still better than renting in your 30’s/40’s.

Blancherdstown is where it’s at lads.

buy-buy-buy

1 Like

I know. Sure you’d never do anything if you believed every report of impending a
Armageddon

1 Like

Fact mate.