With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Have you seen prices of places on the N11 (and they more or less are) opposite and beside the petrol station out that way

I find it absolutely mental .

Wonderful sales pitch. Have you ever considered going into the auctioneering game?

1 Like

It is. Buying in any of these big new developments is taking an awful risk and the footprint is tiny so little or no parking or room for even a skip

People buying apartments must be investors.

1 Like

Social housing waiting lists are ticking along everywhere as councils have the chequebook out. It’s no country for someone outside of those thresholds.

There’s more than a grain of truth to that.

1 Like

We’re in the same boat. Prices gone mental

It’s fucking cruel. Bad timing to be looking to buy a gaff in 2007 basically.

You’d see lads paying 700k for a house and then gutting the house and doing easily 300k of renovations … some would be in jobs slightly above average paying, wife work same too, three or 4 kids … where do they get the money ??

1 Like

It’s one of either two things:

They’re earning some packet between them or they’ve got rich parents behind them.

We’re seeing the first generation of reasonable size families in Ireland starting to inherit wealth.

2 Likes

Im surprised you haven’t DMd him to enquire about booking it for a holiday

1 Like

Gone sale agreed. The relief!

19 Likes

Get them contracts signed. Because between here and there you’re in a bit of a dangerous nomansland.

1 Like

I’ve been sale agreed for nearly 12 months

1 Like

Ah jaysus, what’s the hold up?

They’ll hardly get the price of a house out of it though

Edit…too slow

Lad I’m buying off was buying another place and that fell through. Now he cant find a new spot. I’ve it written off in my head but I am still technically sale agreed

The dreaded chain.

I’m assuming contracts are signed but he added a clause for his finding a place?