With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Gotcha. Disaster. You never know though he may need to move fast at some point and if so may want you to be able to honour your bid and move quickly.

Not signed yet I think. Have a holding deposit given to an estate agent

For a year.

Money just resting in their account. Sickening.

We have nothing behind us and they’ve bought down West Cork. We’d like to be in by Xmas

2 Likes

Doable if everyone pulls in the same direction. Don’t hang your hat on it though.

1 Like

inheritance perhaps?

Nope , these lads would be form middle class backgrounds, there wouldn’t be big inheritance there … one wouldn’t be even be selling their existing propertiy to move which is even more bizarre , unless you can borrow against its current value or something ? … but all in you’re talking the guts of €1m between new house price and renovations …

Are the parents alive?

Following up on recent developments re my auld pair. They’ve been it with the solicitors today and all is set up now to sell the land.

They’ve decided they’re going to move into Limerick if they can get something instead of moving down to the local village. Somewhere like Annacotty or Mungret. They like going out for dinner (neither are big pub people) and they want to be able to walk places more going forward. Annacotty will make a lot of sense as my sister only lives out the road in Rhebogue. I’m behind whatever decision they make, but know they’ll probably have a lengthy process ahead.

13 Likes

Yep

1 Like

What do you mean reasonable sized families?

3 or 4 kids. Not 10 or 11.

Wealth gets concentrated over a couple of generations like that.

1 Like

Brilliant news @locke. Hope all goes as smoothly as possible over coming weeks.

1 Like

Well done.
In all honesty you’ll be doing v v well to be in by Christmas even under those favourable circumstances. So put February in your head. Anything better is a bonus.
Best of luck getting it over the line

1 Like

Aha good point. There will be a lot of inherited wealth coming to a lot of our generation in fairness. Just from sales of houses if nothing else. Wait till the islands and electric gates start being passed down they’ll cause murder.

3 Likes

I got into my house in 6 weeks. I’m a fucking relentless bastard though. You have to be, every single person involved in the process is useless and in no rush.

I’d to basically camp in the auctioneers office to get him to sort his shit out and he getting three grand for getting in the way basically.
Start the life insurance straight away, that’s slower than you’d expect

1 Like

Islands will be split into multiple peninsulas and archipelagos

3 Likes

Neither option cheap. I’d prefer Mungret side myself. But its much of a muchness really.

Actually I checked there. It was 8. And that was me geggenpressing the fuck out of them

Have a look at Castleconnel and the surrounds. Might be a bit more reasonable

Would it be something small they’re after?