With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

From the journal titled: Here’s why developers need to sell Dublin city apartments for €470,000

Facepalm

Good to see Revenue fraud being detected and punished.

Hint of entrapment off it. :smiley:

Revenue are stupid cunts. One of the main criteria for this scheme is that your Loan to Value is at minimum 70%. If you had loads of money saved, you could just put up the minimum deposit, apply for a bigger mortgage to meet the 70%, getting up to 20 grand for free. After a year paying the mortgage throw in you savings to reduce it down again.

1 Like

Is that the reason they’re going back after people?
Hadn’t seen the details mentioned.

I don’t know. It’s a loophole but you can hardly fine people penalties if the clowns approved them. This is why they’re going to scrap it and go down the government mortgage route after you have three rejections from banks.

1 Like

@Fitzy I finally dived in and did it. The first thing I’m gonna do is look about a dog for the backyard. Will anyone question my masculinity if I want a cavoodle? Actually, that’s the second thing, after I get Mrs Nwoko a new kitchen. :rage: The house is only 10 years old.

Are you looking at refinancing yourself? I like to think i’ve my ear to the ground and it’s the perfect time to get stuck in. There’ll be 1 if not 2 rate cuts this year, and you’re already looking at a 12-15% drop in property values over the last 12 months. BUY BUY BUY!

4 Likes

Congrats mate, whereabouts? Nows a good time alright.
We refinanced a while back and got a great deal. There won’t be a rate cut.
I expect to see you in the Advanced Gardening thread soon.

In Matraville, so about 10 minutes from where I am now. We actually won the meat raffle during our recon visit to the Matto RSL so took that as an omen.

Once the dust settles, I’ll get a vegetable patch on the go alright.

2 Likes

Noice area.
You’ll need to get a soil analysis done before you plant anything productive there as there’s a lot of old pollution and heany mwtals in the ground in that area.
You should also make friends with as many of thebold Greek and Italian boyos in the area who’ll show you how to grow their incredible and healthy Mediterranean foodstuffs. Some oul nonna can show mRs Nwoko how to preserve them.
Matraville Tigers are your local footy club, they do a great chorizo roll on Saturday mornings.

@Chucks_Nwoko is after buying a house built on top of industrial waste and it’s one of the nicer areas to live :joy:

15 Likes

I was just about to say it!

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I’m surprised you didn’t reach out to renowned TFK market expert @labane1917 before diving in. The Aussie real estate market is only starting it’s decline, imo you’ll see another 20-30% leg down within the next 2-3 years. China is heading for a financial crisis and will take Aussie down with it. Having said that you can rarely time the perfect time to buy, and if you bought in a noice area you should do relatively OK.

4 Likes

Informative rating. Where do the Tigers play? I’m next to Heffron Park and, more importantly, the squash club.
Haven’t noticed many wogs around, seems all white Aussie that have lived there for generations. I’ll fit right in :sunglasses:

I work in the game mate. I know the suburbs rising in value and what’s priced at 2017 values. I think there’s Another couple % to drop in the market but we got this at a steal as the previous owners needed to relocate.

1 Like

You got it at a steal because it’s built on industrial waste. I wouldn’t be boasting.

As a gambling addict, it’s unlikely any financial institution will ever lend to you.

1 Like

Did they have to relocate for medical reasons?

4 Likes