With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

I purchased a house in my late 20s. Best decision I ever made, I’d have 30k - 40k in rent paid to someone else if I didn’t. Buy buy buy. Build or buy, don’t rent, and don’t leech off the parents. Fellas living rent free telling lads with mortgages what the story is. I’m going to the local for a pint, il get some mileage out of that bullshit.

6 Likes

As I said everybody is different. I don’t mind renting as I’ve no idea where I want to be In 18 months time.

Out of all the lads I grew up with, only one of them didn’t buy a house in his twenties. He stayed a teenager until he was in his mid thirties. Boozing it up and whoring and that. He met a one then and she wanted to buy. He’d to work two jobs to get the deposit for the mortgage coz he’d all his cash spent on booze and rent.

He regrets every minute of it. He can’t remember half of it

1 Like

There’s probably a big difference between buying when you did and buying now. I’d imagine your house is worth a lot more now than you’d paid for it.

Thats all grand until you live in a housing estate mate. Having no neighbours is my goal now.

2 Likes

People like you and @anon26343222 are very similar. Settle down as quickly possible, buy a house quickly as possible and have kids as quickly possible. I’d have a different view on life. Either way that’s a separate discussion the main point was anybody in their mid 20s to late 20s looking to buy right now is simple. We are facing into another global recession and you’ll be in negative equity and possibly jobless in 2-3 years. You would want to be crazy in my opinion to go buying right now unless your somebody like @Juhniallio who literally needs to buy.

I’d be aiming to late 20s also or maybe early 30s*. Putting away a few quid every month as it is for when the time comes to settle down but as for where I see myself in 5 years I have no idea. I couldn’t tell you what I’m doing in 5 weeks not to kind 5 years.

• depends on success on Tinder :blush:
1 Like

I’d be aiming to get married at 35, house at 36 and 2 kids both born by the time I’m forty.

1 Like

Easier said than done buddy, but that would be prudent alright.

I’m 24 in October. I’ve plenty time yet to be acting the bollox or so I keep telling myself anyway.

2 Likes

You’ll need a job by the time you’re 36 or will you be paying in cash?

4 Likes

In around those numbers anyway. I’d say houses will go cheaply in the next 18 - 24 months. A neighbor sold a house for 85k In the local estate a few years back and the same house was recently sold for 250k. The lad bought that house for 85k must be a happy man. I could see myself buying one if there’s a crash to those extents.

1 Like

The timing was lucky for some people, unlucky for others like myself and the wife

1 Like

I’ll be honest I bought at the end of 2015, and have done well LTV wise since then. Reckon i’ll have 100-120k to play around with when I sell up at the end of the year. Will cover the 2nd time buyer 20% deposit anyway.

Definitely get something decent enough for that in Co. limerick.

1 Like

I’m making enough money at the moment to pay rent, cover a few bills and have a good trips away a year. I couldn’t be happier with my current situation.

Yes that’s why I don’t understand @anon26343222 and @anon78624367 buy buy mentality particularly for people In their mid 20s. Right now for my Nickle is a bad time to buy unless you’ve family or something like that.

Banks look at income a bit closer than that. Who is the employer? How long have you been employed there? Etc
An income from putting bets on for a “professional” gambler would raise a little red flag in my opinion.

Settle down as early as possible? I rode half of lit and ul ha ha. I had game lad I didn’t need the help of tinder or the Internet to photoshop a photo to get me a ride.

Given lit is 70 percent males I wouldn’t be boasting about riding half of the students there.

9 Likes