With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Little work pods for gardens could be a gamechanger.

Love them. Lot of city fellas have their living room in the kitchen though. Hard to find a balance

I got fibre to the home in February and it has worked perfectly without interruption.

They’d lose their minds if they were let into a 3000 sqft A rated house with a kitchen that didn’t double up as a living room. They’d lock themselves into one of the en suites and pray for the good auld days when turning on the washing machine moved the house a few inches nearer the Luas or dart line.

13 Likes

They wouldn’t be able to handle hearing the TV without the washer-dryer combo purring in the background

4 Likes

I had a more state sponsored WeWork for muldoons in mind rather than individual companies setting up their own hubs.

2 Likes

Tinnitus rates would decline sharply

If you lived in rathmines in the 80s or 90s you had your toilet and bedroom there too

I dont know @Bandage
myself and @balbec ( who i owe a proper reply to by the way from the weekend) covered this of late .
There are a lot of water carriers who rely solely on visibility in the workplace, they pass on messages , soundbites, one liners , present other peoples work , usually they are residing somewhat in the middle of a waterfall mail chain, the boys on the top are making the call, the lads on the bottom catch the shit and do the heavy lifting , the boys in the middle ( usually company men, middle management) - well they can get found out now
WFH terrifies these boys, how visible are you from your jax - there you are , sending out reports that are cut and pastes from somone else’s work- so what do you say " well my team just isnt as effective remotely" ( quickly rush to find someone to produce that data and quantify the fear - usually a task not completed by our hero’s inability to communicate effectively).

another one i heard " well - they can work from home from bangladesh as well" - thats the other one you see
itll be back to the grind by 1 sept as schools are back and then the concept of distancing is dead by that very action - too many boyos are too far gone in this game now

5 Likes

Spans and layers :slight_smile:

A mix is best

2 days in
3 day wfh

2 Likes

@bandage and @rocko are going to miss the old office environment that spawned TFK.

8 Likes

We are getting close (I hope) to drawing down our mortgage. One thing that has cropped up is that the independent valuer ticked that a building survey was needed. This was despite him ticking the main structure interior and exterior are in good condition and that the property in its current condition is suitable for a mortgage. It’s about 45 years old.

The bank have now requested a structural survey. I’ve lashed on one that we had done by an architect back in February. It’s quite comprehensive and recommends windows need replacing boiler to be moved outside, insulation to be put in place etc. All stuff we expected. Also stated no evidence of structural failure in the roof, walls, floors etc. Will this report fly? The brother in law who is a QS reckons they may insist in an engineer carrying out the report. More money if that’s the cas!. Any contributions appreciated.

1 Like

Id be surprised if they accepted your report. Unless (and im stretching here) your guy would be willing to adress the report to the Bank as well so that they can rely on it.

In reality they will have their own panel of engineers and will likely want it from someone on that list. The fact you have low loan to value might give you some leeway

They just said to get someone qualified to do it. They didn’t specify anyone from a list like they did for the valuation.

Muldoons are also obsessed with having a range.

I actually don’t know what a range is, but I’ve heard muldoons going on about them.

1 Like

If they didnt you’re away in a hack. But that would be unusual

I think it’s a golfing thing

Bandage trying to let on he’d be allowed move the family to Wexford :smiley:

14 Likes

She has him moved north of the Liffey already sure he is clane fucked only he hasn’t twigged it yet

1 Like