With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

My missus is from West cork, we go down normally a few time each summer and winter for a week give or take. It’s fair rural & to be honest my idea of hell. I can’t stand not being able to walk anywhere or run from the front door. Each to their own etc but no for me.

We only moved in for awhile mate, we werent from there at all.

Fair enough… We would have crossed paths if you were from there… Were you in meadow or silver? Or up the road again?

Neither mate, the eye of the river.

Suil na Habhainn.

1 Like

We used to get stoned or take acid down the baths.

1 Like

Its a savage spot, mate.

Good value as well in comparison to Castletroy etc, happier now though living out the county.

Just had the breakfast at the pop up on the island before heading off. Can’t bate a good island in a kitchen.

3 Likes

It beats chopping vegetables on top of the washing machine all the same.

23 Likes

My wife is from the depths of nowhere, not fat from @Copper_pipe and once she got a taste of city life in UCC she’d never go back to live in the country, she’s very earthy and absolutely loves nature, always booking the remotest Airbnb’s and dragging us out to the country for day trips but for real life neither of us could imagine rural living

Perhaps if we lived in a different area it would be different

1 Like

Christ, do you insist on this?

I used tell my Mrs in the early days there’d be an obstacle course set up round the back for her if she got fat down the line.

I’m the one that could do with the obstacle course now mate

2 Likes

Not fat from copper pipe has to be one of the great unintended lines in the history of the internet.

6 Likes

Would you live in a village or the outskirts of one I should say?

What will the ber rating be now after the work?

Reminds me of the setup in the utility room of an auld student gaff I was in before, a washing machine with the deep fat fryer plonked on top of it. Oil & spud peelings in your detergent drawer and specks of washing powder in your chips. Simpler times.

2 Likes

I would say around a B…got a new fireplace and stove as well. We naively thought moving in that it would be grand for the summer not having heat etc for a while…,how wrong we were…,there was one night a few weeks ago we were Baltic…hot water bottles for the beds were needed. Thankfully all sorted now.

Portugal is probably one of the biggest threats to Ireland. Eastern Europe not so much.

Before Brexit the UK was hoovering up lots of FDI. It was probably out performing Ireland on it on all fronts.

The cost of electricity in Ireland is also a threat to us. However for a lot of industries and businesses the productivity of the Irish operations is on a different level.

It doesn’t translate literally in any way that I can see

How do you read it?

Call up and we’ll see how bad it’s got.

5 Likes

I don’t know pal. It’s funny, we talked a lot about moving home or close to home this week. My wife is a city girl, grew up in the shadow of St Johns Cathedral. Told me she’s no interest in living in Limerick city again. I’d say somewhere like Ballina would be her scene and sure I’d be inside the Tipp border. Likelihood is we will stay up here though

2 Likes