Woeful Journalism

Who wrote that? Early??

That was a freudian slip

Arsenal putting an underwear model in as their manager, interim or not, kinda sums them up a wee bit.

he’s a bit too jung to remember freud

3 Likes

My latest frustration with the Athletic. This isn’t woeful probably but it’s still irksome. Daniel Taylor is probably one of their better writers but this sort of backstory introduction to his articles is maddeningly repetitive.

Mourinho:

Leeds:

Keane:

Or his other intro is the one about the surrounding area:

Everton:

Fleetwood:

You can log them here mate. I can widen the criteria to cater for the fact that while they are, unlike some of the finer examples, somewhat relevant to the story they are still completely tangential to the article itself, other than to convey on the reader the idea that the writer is somehow more knowing than them

1 Like

Fuck that’s exactly where they belong alright. I’ll copy them in there.

[quote]
All over America, people proclaimed “I am an immigrant.” And that’s what I was there…

But what am I here?[/quote]

A fucking whinging snowflake

The photo of the pictured woman here is accompanied in the Irish Times piece with this:

Doireann McMahon: ‘I’ve lived in London for 16 years and I will be voting Labour’

Then we don’t even hear from her in the actual article itself

One of the “Irish” voting Tory in the article is in fact Australian

Another Irish Tory voter has lived in England for 58 years

An utterly bizarre choice of headline

Fucking appalling stuff from the Times. They must have no proofreaders left at all.

The Irish Independent ran with this nothing story this morning.

The new Chair of the FAI, Roy Barrett, got a €80k interest free loan from his employers Goodbody Stockbrokers says the headline. It mentions in the article that the COTY 2019 Mr Delaney provided a loan to the FAI, in a pathetic attempt to link the two, even though they are completely different.

Goodbodys overpaid a bonus to Barrett and it was agreed that he would pay back the difference in the form of a loan. Obviously an administrative error where Barrett behaved quite honourably in my view - certainly no need for interest to be applied. The loan is being paid back at a reasonable pace and it is all fully disclosed in the accounts as required.

The FAI has enough challenges without a national media outlet trying to piggy back off the topical scandal in the organisation to try and get some readers. Even the way this story was uncovered - they reviewed Goodbody’s accounts which they probably got online and tried to twist a story out of it.

There are some right wankers out there.

5 Likes

Doesn’t say a lot for Goodbody’s financial controls

Why didn’t he just give it back?

Who cares?

The Irish Independent

Now give it back.
Give what back?

Lets just say your mistake moved me…

David Courtney could be in bother :joy::joy:

By god. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

He’s been absolutely found out here :joy: deleted his Twitter page.